• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

7000th post.... nothing special except the People of OF!

washi me sensie

The Oakley Rōnin
For my 7000th post (thanks @pjd1234 for pointing it out) there will be no new purchases or new pictures of my collection. My collection is small and I may consider it simple compared to what other guys have here. My recent purchases are also simple enough and doesn’t warrant to be posted on here.

Anyway as I was saying, for my 7000th post, I would like to go back to where it started:

2010 – I bought my first Oakley. Before I left my home country to work abroad, I was buying sunglasses (cheap ones) just for the sake that I have something to wear. When I reached here in Qatar I figured I really need something to protect my eyes from this harsh desert sun! and so for my first salary, I bought a pair of plasma ice X-squareds and I fell in love with it instantly.

I started researching about oakleys and found out that wow they are a really cool brand. So from that point forward, I decided to buy 12 pairs, 1 pair for each month. But later, I started buying non stop. My second pair was a Jupiter – moto GP. Third and fourth pair was a livestrong fuel cell and a red crystal Holbrook. I don’t remember what happened to the fuel cell and the Holbrook but the XS and the jups are still with me and I have no plans of parting with them.

Later as my addiction got worst, I found ebay! And wow, prices there for me are really cheap. Started buying other stuff as well from shirts to wallets, bags, socks, hoodies and jackets. Was searching for info about a pair of juliets and that’s the reason I found out about the forum. And like what the others say, the rest is history.

First transaction was with @xmetalmaniac . Bought some skull stickers and icon stickers from him. The reason behind was, I was trying to buy a mars from a member but he wouldn’t sell it to me as I have no feedback rating. @BriP was the one who advised me to start buying small stuff and earn the members trust. So XMM sort of started my forum purchases. I got more pairs from @hearno, @GRFMotorsports , @Rubyskull ,
@Nyarlathotep, @BADNESS , @702baby ,@marc2040 , @Frogskins , @subysti2007 , @THE X-MAN, @Seabrook , @Batwolf , @foleyness , @V2oak , @wilkie18 , @coolstorm92, @Rustpot , @Cargo , @Brettc10, @Brett28, @moore851, @oakleyandi, @Sunglass Shack, @s3sunruh, @Devastator01, @InfiniteHero, @gs300 , @rmontez , @freakface , @qtrain23 , @thisguy , @bigdog425, @Dallas O Hog,
@Wicked @Nortika, special mention to @dr.chop for my customs and a lot more (sorry if i forgot to mention).

I gained a lot of good friends, @atrain , @V2oak, @atty_65 , @emjaycee23 , @i am rich , @MachineHead , @dragonvoi , @Maning , @BADNESS ,
@marc2040 @Frogskins , @GH4AU , @OakleyFrankFMJ , @kronin323 , @QLR1, @mercbezerk and of course ALL of you are my friends!

Plans: For 2015 I will be retiring from collecting and would focus more on some issues with my life. Just planning to buy some really heavy stuff then stop. But who knows, maybe ill restart the passion again.

So THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! For making my wallet empty and making my wife angry! But nonetheless I truly love this forum! Thanks @OakleyBoss !! Thanks to all!

Last edited:
Congrats on the milestone and nice post, we never truly stop there's always something that eventually catches our eye..........even if it takes a while ;)

wow - man 7.000 is a big step - wow again.
i know, you spend a lot of your time in our community, to reach this point . . .

i hope, your 2015 plan will work out for you!!!

Congrats on 7k! From the brief times Ive talked to you, really wish I made your friends list! Good luck with whatever you decide to do. PS. I will watch Attack on Titan one of these days but I recommend Aquario Evol rite now.

congrats washi I know the fire is still there the passion of collecting is ridiculously worst than gambling especially now that the prices are sky high. I know most of us will go to that point of calling it quits as priorities in life changes even though the O blood stain is still there, once you're tainted you're tainted for life anyways congrats again 7k post is not a joke.

Back