• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

$88 Romeo 1

Jase_nz

I should Work at Oakley
Australia
Picked up another sub $100 Romeo. It is a different colourway than my other one. Looks lighter and has gold lenses. Can anybody share some info on what generation this is?

The frame is a bit worn so I am thinking of having it customized. Can this finish be polished ? I know some finishes are harder to achieve on certain generations. If not a candidate for customizing I'll prob trade them for something that can. Cheers for any info guys 😎
20200324_130545.jpg
20200324_130620.jpg
20200324_130606.jpg
20200324_130738.jpg
20200324_130500.jpg
20200324_130154.jpg

Here is the page on O review

The old school titanium finish is notorious for corroding/tarnishing which sucks because it’s a sweet finish. I always like to leave the old school stuff unrestored unless it’s completely trashed. I would be surprised if it could not be refinished.

Here is the page on O review

The old school titanium finish is notorious for corroding/tarnishing which sucks because it’s a sweet finish. I always like to leave the old school stuff unrestored unless it’s completely trashed. I would be surprised if it could not be refinished.
That's a beautiful finish I think I might just get them cleaned up to original finish if I can. They look awesome

Good to know. Can the frame be restored as is to remove wear spots? Or is it a custom job?

I don’t think you can fix corroded spots by itself back to the original titanium finish. You would have to send it off to be refinished. @zwc0442 does a sweet bone plasma which is close but not the same as titanium. I got a nasty corroded sport on the inner left orbital of mine and I wish I could just get that one spot fixed.

Latest Posts

Back