• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

90s Oakley Zeros Base Curve?

I thought it was an 8 as well but a friend who is not into oakley but sunglasses in general tried to argue that they were 8.75. Id just like to know for sure since they are pretty much the only glasses I can wear and they are getting harder and harder to replace. Im probably silly for thinking the alibaba lens blanks will be worth a crap but if nothing else it would be fun to try to make a knockoff beater pair for when I dont want to risk my beauties :)

I thought it was an 8 as well but a friend who is not into oakley but sunglasses in general tried to argue that they were 8.75. Id just like to know for sure since they are pretty much the only glasses I can wear and they are getting harder and harder to replace. Im probably silly for thinking the alibaba lens blanks will be worth a crap but if nothing else it would be fun to try to make a knockoff beater pair for when I dont want to risk my beauties :)

Its definetly not 8.75

I was pretty sure the 8.75 WASNT in shield lenses.
Im probably just spinning my wheels daydreaming.
I have a pair thats hairlined between the eyes.....
that I replaced with a pair I just picked up from japan a few weeks back

Im nervous to wear them for normal occasions. Ive thought about trying to make some sort of a bridge reinforcement for the fractured pair..so that can be my frankenstein DGAF pair....
I really wish Oakley would just do a retro nostalgia re release of their greatest hits already :(

I was pretty sure the 8.75 WASNT in shield lenses.
Im probably just spinning my wheels daydreaming.
I have a pair thats hairlined between the eyes.....
that I replaced with a pair I just picked up from japan a few weeks back

Im nervous to wear them for normal occasions. Ive thought about trying to make some sort of a bridge reinforcement for the fractured pair..so that can be my frankenstein DGAF pair....
I really wish Oakley would just do a retro nostalgia re release of their greatest hits already :(

They are doing rereleases of some of their greatest hits but unfortunately this zero model like wont be considered one of their "greatest hits"

1. The design is fragile and breaks easily.

2. It wasnt one of the top selling/more popular pairs.

3. While the design is outeageous...it isnt for everyone.

They released mumbos and eye jackets this year in limited quantities....and I wouldn't be suprised if they pick a few more pairs to do that with....but I highly doubt they will do it with any zeros...
Though I'd love to be wrong

SO LAME!
I really wish Jannard hadnt sold out so he could go play with cameras.
I miss radical and weird oakley.
If he was still driving the ship you KNOW we would have awesome Oakley Augmented Goggles by now :(

That said....
1. I sadly agree...Ive fractured the bridge on 4 pairs in the last 20 years
2. I feel like there should be a big pile of them in a warehouse at oakley somewhere...I know they didnt sell well.
3. Yep...It wasnt even for me until they met my face. I get all sorts of crazy looks...but I manage that without the glasses most of the time.

Maybe we will get lucky and all the 3dprinting and customization that everyones pushing will hit into oakley and someday we will be able to order ANY pair EVER made in WHATEVER lens and frames we want....alll UTOPIA!

SO LAME!
I really wish Jannard hadnt sold out so he could go play with cameras.
I miss radical and weird oakley.
If he was still driving the ship you KNOW we would have awesome Oakley Augmented Goggles by now :(

That said....
1. I sadly agree...Ive fractured the bridge on 4 pairs in the last 20 years
2. I feel like there should be a big pile of them in a warehouse at oakley somewhere...I know they didnt sell well.
3. Yep...It wasnt even for me until they met my face. I get all sorts of crazy looks...but I manage that without the glasses most of the time.

Maybe we will get lucky and all the 3dprinting and customization that everyones pushing will hit into oakley and someday we will be able to order ANY pair EVER made in WHATEVER lens and frames we want....alll UTOPIA!

Lol im sure they have the technology to do that already but it wouldn't be cost effective and LUX is all about the $

Back