• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

99% Scam

Teej

Oakley Beginner
So after recently finding a renewed interest in my Oakleys and this forum, it's contagious enthusiasm has managed to convince me that my collection is lacking. (My wallet does not thank you..) So I've been browsing various sites and while I've found a deal here and there, I've also come across a number of sellers that either don't have the product or don't have any intention of sending you what you pay for.

I've posted a couple examples on some of the other threads, but thought maybe we could start a new set of posts. Kind of like the "Are these fakes" sticky. Maybe a "This ad probably 99% a scam" Show the pictures of the things they have or the photos they are using. Maybe you list the serial number they are showing so it only takes a quick search on this thread. Here's an example... ( If the MODS want to set it up differently, I definitely won't be offended.)

The latest ones I've seen are the "I have to use Friends and Family because it's a work account and I'll be fired". If you push it, they say you can just send half now (via friends) and then the other half when you get your $300 Mars Jordans...

Mars scam.JPG

This one I even took far enough to agree to the "half now, half later" and got this response:

"Please send payment as friends to - misports33@gmail.com and let me know where to ship sunglasses. I will ship them asap and provide tracking number.
Also my paypal account is business and I use many currencies and sometimes it shows different currency to send, so please make sure you choose USD. Pleasure doing business with you !"

I'm thinking we sign up that email for every daily subscription we can find.

Or, if anyone else has a way to annoy these scammers, I want to hear it!!

This one I even took far enough to agree to the "half now, half later" and got this response:

"Please send payment as friends to - misports33@gmail.com and let me know where to ship sunglasses. I will ship them asap and provide tracking number.
Also my paypal account is business and I use many currencies and sometimes it shows different currency to send, so please make sure you choose USD. Pleasure doing business with you !"

I'm thinking we sign up that email for every daily subscription we can find.

Or, if anyone else has a way to annoy these scammers, I want to hear it!!

Just go to the Scientology website and sign up for information. That should bout drive him nuts

So after recently finding a renewed interest in my Oakleys and this forum, it's contagious enthusiasm has managed to convince me that my collection is lacking. (My wallet does not thank you..) So I've been browsing various sites and while I've found a deal here and there, I've also come across a number of sellers that either don't have the product or don't have any intention of sending you what you pay for.

I've posted a couple examples on some of the other threads, but thought maybe we could start a new set of posts. Kind of like the "Are these fakes" sticky. Maybe a "This ad probably 99% a scam" Show the pictures of the things they have or the photos they are using. Maybe you list the serial number they are showing so it only takes a quick search on this thread. Here's an example... ( If the MODS want to set it up differently, I definitely won't be offended.)

The latest ones I've seen are the "I have to use Friends and Family because it's a work account and I'll be fired". If you push it, they say you can just send half now (via friends) and then the other half when you get your $300 Mars Jordans...

View attachment 802091
I had the same issue. Then messaged several times with excuses not to ship and needing more of the second half to help pay for shipping. Then never sends them.

Back