• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

99 XX Value

ryanhoelzer

Oakley Beginner
I have a pair of XXs from 1999 that I just rebuilt and was wondering what you guys think they're worth. They don't fit me very good so I think I'm going to sell them. The nose was rebuilt by The X-MAN and I put Walleva polarized titanium lenses and new black Linegear rubber on them. I also have the original coin. Serial # is XX007053 if that means anything.

Thanks

front.jpg

serial.jpg

back.jpg

left side.jpg

left side.jpg

Attachments

• right side.jpg
    right side.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 186
Last edited by a moderator:
How much are you looking to get?

Edit: Oops! Just realized what section we are in. Sorry about that.

I would say $350-400?

Cool, I've seen them going on Ebay between $300 and $500. Wasn't sure if the aftermarket rebuild affected price much or if there was anything particular about this age that made them any more rare. I bought them brand new in 99 and they've been in a drawer probably the last 10 years..

I have the coin but not the box.

I bought the Wallevas thinking I was going to wear them and they were cheap for polarized..

Would the $65 spent on OEM lenses get me more than a $65 difference in selling price? I wouldn't think so. Or you're just saying if I had gotten OEM instead of Walleva I'd have more value?

Theyre cheap for a reason- its rubbish. the polarization effiency is crap. and oems would have helped the resale value; because oem lenses would hold value, but aftermarket lenses are practically junk, and wasted money on your end- they dont add to the value of the sunglasses so its money down the drain for you.

Not ragging on your decisions, i once thought of opting for aftermarket lenses too so just sharing my experience. If anything, linegear is the only aftermarket that i would say is decent. But in general only oem will hold its value. Oakleys were made great by having the best optics- if you take that away then whats the point

Hey Brip, how much does a serial number add to a pair of XXs. Does a lower sn (under 1000) add even more value?

I threw them on Ebay. I spent $125 on the rebuild so I should do alright considering they've been sitting so long. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything particularly rare about them before I undersold them..

Back