• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Badder Badman

MJLSr

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
So after my Violet Madman cut yesterday I got to thinking that the Badman with the Prizm in the Dark Carbon frame would look good with the same... I did not want to lose the Prizm Daily's, but having worn them 3 days in the past week I was open to try something different.

I started with this [stock]:
16549712662_47733b01f2_k.jpg

Then after the first Violet cut I wound up with this:
16549718082_8754d561bb_k.jpg

But for some reason it did not seem right?
It did not jump out at me like the Madman did...
So before I cut the other side I considered my options!
Wouldn't you know it was right there in front of my eyes, literally.
16550916405_78956fb047_k.jpg

Can you see it?
16363447250_aee163fdd0_k.jpg

15930725603_255ce6add7_k.jpg

16365022367_ad22b3a750_k.jpg

So to compensate for the lame over-polished plastic looking X Ti frame that I passed on and grabbed the Plasma instead - that Plasma frame with the Prizm Daily lenses reminds me of my XMXX/Chrome, which is the most 'X-Metal' pair I think I have ever seen. I know there is more of a rose/brown base to the Prizm Daily, but in most lighting, from most angles, it looks a lot like Chrome. =]

The Sapphire lenses from the Plasma has a more range and contrast in the Dark Carbon, giving that pair the little something extra I was looking for.

So really this is a Win-Win-Win
- I get the neXt-Metal effect with the Plasma/Daily Prizm Pair
- I appreciate the range and contrast of the Sapphire more - maybe the best Badman colorway I've seen so far
- And the single lens I cut is still good as a donor for most of my other X-Metals :D

So after my Violet Madman cut yesterday I got to thinking that the Badman with the Prizm in the Dark Carbon frame would look good with the same... I did not want to lose the Prizm Daily's, but having worn them 3 days in the past week I was open to try something different.

I started with this [stock]:
View attachment 131060

Then after the first Violet cut I wound up with this:
View attachment 131061

But for some reason it did not seem right?
It did not jump out at me like the Madman did...
So before I cut the other side I considered my options!
Wouldn't you know it was right there in front of my eyes, literally.
View attachment 131064

Can you see it?
View attachment 131065

View attachment 131066

View attachment 131067

So to compensate for the lame over-polished plastic looking X Ti frame that I passed on and grabbed the Plasma instead - that Plasma frame with the Prizm Daily lenses reminds me of my XMXX/Chrome, which is the most 'X-Metal' pair I think I have ever seen. I know there is more of a rose/brown base to the Prizm Daily, but in most lighting, from most angles, it looks a lot like Chrome. =]

The Sapphire lenses from the Plasma has a more range and contrast in the Dark Carbon, giving that pair the little something extra I was looking for.

So really this is a Win-Win-Win
- I get the neXt-Metal effect with the Plasma/Daily Prizm Pair
- I appreciate the range and contrast of the Sapphire more - maybe the best Badman colorway I've seen so far
- And the single lens I cut is still good as a donor for most of my other X-Metals :D

Great pairs! What is your opinion of daily prizm?

Great pairs! What is your opinion of daily prizm?
I think its the best all-purpose lens Oakley has ever made.
I can't wait for spring to get the Prizm Trail for MTB adventures :)

I wore polarized prizms out yesterday in the bright sun for an extended period and my feeling is they weren't dark enough. I found myself still slightly squinting a lot. Great cloudy day lens though.

I wore polarized prizms out yesterday in the bright sun for an extended period and my feeling is they weren't dark enough. I found myself still slightly squinting a lot. Great cloudy day lens though.

Were they prizm daily polarized or other prizms? And what colour tint has prizm daily when you see things trought the lenses?

Were they prizm daily polarized or other prizms? And what colour tint has prizm daily when you see things trought the lenses?

The daily is the only prizm that's polarized, so far.

I checked them out on Sat. Yes, like others have said, similar to oo BIP. Rosy-purplish. But it's not a blanket color wash like legacy lenses. Looked very nice but I didn't have a chance to try in full sun.

I also picked up a radarlock prizm road and have a prizm trail arriving tomorrow (should have been Fri; dang USPS...)

So dude is there an o-store or vault anywhere within a couple hours' drive of your location? With all the questions you've been posting about prizm, I really think the only thing that will truly satisfy you is to check them out yourself...

Latest Posts

Back