• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Badder Badman

The daily is the only prizm that's polarized, so far.

I checked them out on Sat. Yes, like others have said, similar to oo BIP. Rosy-purplish. But it's not a blanket color wash like legacy lenses. Looked very nice but I didn't have a chance to try in full sun.

I also picked up a radarlock prizm road and have a prizm trail arriving tomorrow (should have been Fri; dang USPS...)

So dude is there an o-store or vault anywhere within a couple hours' drive of your location? With all the questions you've been posting about prizm, I really think the only thing that will truly satisfy you is to check them out yourself...

Hopefully, i could try it, but i live so far from a store...i hope you don't mind my questions. I tried oo red iridium polarized las week. Is it something similar?

But how ot works in sunny bright days?
Similar to BIP, a little lighter - it is noticeable if you wear BIPs every day, but I did not miss the difference. The contrast was better and the glare was the same/no worse due to both being polarized. For me the Prizm is actually darker than what I usually wear, so I would trade my BIPs for Prizms on any day in any weather with the bonus of not having to think twice about 'downgrading' on a cloudy day.

Don't you miss more protection?
No - bright sun is bright sun, direct 'extremely bright' light is going to get you regardless. BIP, Ice, and Titanium can hit you hard. The Prizm daily is more like a Ruby or Chrome in regards to light transmission.

Oakley has not published a lot of info on their website yet but the O-stores should all have a book that provides details on the various Prizm lenses.

One more comment on these: My eyes are not what they used to be. I wear reading glasses and get eye strain that leads to headaches from wearing darker glasses for an extended period of time. I was able to wear the Prizm for a few hours straight a couple of days in a row and my eyes felt great. That may bias me a bit, but I see it as a value add based on the other benefits I have seen [literally] from the lenses.

I tried oo red iridium polarized las week. Is it something similar?
I think OO Red is 18%, the Prizm Daily is either 14% or 14 - I have seen/read/heard both, so Prizm Daily is darker than OO Red polar.

Similar to BIP, a little lighter - it is noticeable if you wear BIPs every day, but I did not miss the difference. The contrast was better and the glare was the same/no worse due to both being polarized. For me the Prizm is actually darker than what I usually wear, so I would trade my BIPs for Prizms on any day in any weather with the bonus of not having to think twice about 'downgrading' on a cloudy day.

No - bright sun is bright sun, direct 'extremely bright' light is going to get you regardless. BIP, Ice, and Titanium can hit you hard. The Prizm daily is more like a Ruby or Chrome in regards to light transmission.

Oakley has not published a lot of info on their website yet but the O-stores should all have a book that provides details on the various Prizm lenses.

One more comment on these: My eyes are not what they used to be. I wear reading glasses and get eye strain that leads to headaches from wearing darker glasses for an extended period of time. I was able to wear the Prizm for a few hours straight a couple of days in a row and my eyes felt great. That may bias me a bit, but I see it as a value add based on the other benefits I have seen [literally] from the lenses.

Great point of view! And what do you think about badman frame?

And what do you think about badman frame

The Badman frame is badass. It has excellent coverage, which is a must for 'good sunglasses'. They are very comfortable, light but not too light, and easy to service w/ 1 screw per orbital for lens swaps with ease. Almost a week after my initial encounter with the Badman my impression remains the same. I am pleasantly surprised! :cool-20:

The Badman frame is badass. It has excellent coverage, which is a must for 'good sunglasses'. They are very comfortable, light but not too light, and easy to service w/ 1 screw per orbital for lens swaps with ease. Almost a week after my initial encounter with the Badman my impression remains the same. I am pleasantly surprised! :cool-20:

My face is small-medium,will badman fit me?And are you tried tincan carbon(or tincan/tinfoil) to compare with them? Thanks for all your answers

My face is small-medium,will badman fit me?And are you tried tincan carbon(or tincan/tinfoil) to compare with them?
I consider myself 'medium' - The Tinfoil and Tincan are a bit big for me, as is a Holbrook. I like the Badman as it is more rectangular than square with better coverage of the eye itself. In the X-Metal family proper the Penny is a bit small and an X Squared to big, but I wear all others well. I mention this as the Badman is almost as wide as the X Squared, but the lens being more rectangular than square fits me much, much better.

At the end of the day the only way to know is to try them for yourself. Oakley has a generous return policy :(

I consider myself 'medium' - The Tinfoil and Tincan are a bit big for me, as is a Holbrook. I like the Badman as it is more rectangular than square with better coverage of the eye itself. In the X-Metal family proper the Penny is a bit small and an X Squared to big, but I wear all others well. I mention this as the Badman is almost as wide as the X Squared, but the lens being more rectangular than square fits me much, much better.

At the end of the day the only way to know is to try them for yourself. Oakley has a generous return policy :(

I thought that badmans are much bigger than tincans (61/58). I have penny polished. They fit me very good but lens coverage is regular because they are too small

The width is similar
Eye/Bridge/Temple
Tincan - 58/15/131
Badman - 60/21/135
Holbrook - 55/18/137
Pitboss II - 60/19/138

I threw the Holbrook and PB II in there to offer some perspective as the frame width is greater even though the lens/eye size is smaller (width). The one thing those numbers do not tell you is the frame (and lens) height. Compared to the PB II the Badman has the same eye size, a bit more narrow, and with a little more room in the bridge. I mentioned before the Badman lens is more rectangular than square, which works better for me. Amazing what a big difference a little difference can make ;)

I mentioned in another thread - they feel almost like the C SIX, without the recessed orbitals. I'm not sure if that helps or not? :idk:

Hopefully you'll be able to give them try sometime soon :)

Back