• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A brief history of my Oakley's...

Fives Squared

1900002_10154872282385414_36055971343338022_n_zps4xtppjwg.jpg

These were... interesting as to how I crossed paths with these Fives Squared.

I received a $25 gift card to MEC from my Secret Santa at work. I've never been in one of these stores, let alone what they sell.

I went with my g/f and we were in there for hours struggling as to what to use this gift card for cause there's nothing really in there that I do (there's no snowboarding nor rollerblading stuff in there!). I ended up finding a new iron to wax my board with,cause the old one I had kept burning me.

During this process one of the staff came up to us and flatly stated that the store's closing in 10 minutes and that we pretty much need to get out. Well, this rubbed my g/f the wrong way big time and asked for a manager.

It was a Sunday and she got the acting-manager. She talked to her while the staff member that wanted us out was giggling with a co-worker about how upset she got. Well, this was stupidly within ear-shot on their part which was also noticed.

After her discussion with the regular manger the next day, we ended up with more gift cards to the store. Great, what can I struggle to find now.

I thought about getting a **** load of wax for my board, but then noticed they carried some Oakley shades. I ended up picking up these for only $58.62! Gloss black frame with a chrome O, and black lenses.

I customized these by getting a pair of Ice blue iridium polarized lenses too. These too are currently in rotation...

Last edited:
Eyepatch

View attachment 461670

I borrowed a pair of Eyepatch's from someone cause I need glasses during sunny days or it's a headache at the end of it. They were the grey mirror lens with dark blue frames. Can't say I liked em all that much.

Not Eyepatch, those are Eye-Jacket 2.0s......
.and Greetings.
Also if those (the ones in both pictures being Eye-Jacket 2.0)would have had OEM Midnight / 24k Iridium, not grey or black.

Last edited:
Not Eyepatch, those are Eye-Jacket 2.0s......
.and Greetings.
Also if those (the ones in both pictures being Eye-Jacket 2.0)would have had OEM Midnight / 24k Iridium, not grey or black.
THAT's the name that's been eluding me all this time :p
I'm wasn't familiar with those pair then (or even now apparently), I think someone before me did a lens swap or something on them...

Go on... I'm also looking for replacement rubber nose pieces for em. I tried ones intended for Juliet's but too different and didn't work...

@Linegear Japan sells aftermarket replacement rubber pieces made out of silicone. Very high quality and tons of satisfied members here. Plus, they have a variety of colors!

@zwc0442 can perform a tune-up for you. Or @THE X-MAN. Both are extremely capable, just a matter of preference.

Fives Squared (new)

IMG_6201.jpg

I originally wanted either the previous Fives Squared or Crankcase with the smoke frame, but they weren't on the shelf at the previous times.
Few years ago I wrecked the lenses on my other Fives Squared a bit doing spring snowboarding. I ordered a new set of blue lenses and never popped them in. Wasn't really a priority before, but now acquired some smoke frames for the lenses I've had! As per my g/f's idea, my black frame Fives Squared are now my "sport" glasses where I don't so much what happens to em.

Crankshaft (new)

thumbnail_IMG_7188.jpg

My g/f's been on an Oakley kick lately, more so then me! (I brought her over to the dark side :p ).
While she's been looking at and buying stuff, I've been playing around with the idea of something with a clear frame for a few years. Was poking around online and found these for a deal that I couldn't pass up!

Penny (again)

View attachment 461673

After sharing the previous scenario with some co-workers, it was when I was told about and introduced to the Oakley Vault at the Seattle Outlet Mall, and was told there are in fact Penny's on the shelf and for cheap.

These were now $690 online and the only colour(s) you could get were the ones Cyclops wore in the X-Men movies; that dark grey frame with red/black lenses.

The outlet mall did in fact have the blue lens with the titanium frames on the shelf and picked em up for $230 again; and probably the last ones new anywhere.

I kept these for years this time til they wouldn't stay on my face anymore. Nose pieces aren't available anywhere, and some of the rivets are loose and floppy.

They're now permanently on display as part of my collection!
I didn’t know X-Metals ever got that expensive!

Back