• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Change In Alliance...

butternut360

Oakley Beginner
I have worn oakley's avidly for over 10 years and have owned various sets. oakleys all the way. currently i have ice iridium polarised half jackets. however i noticed a strange flacking of the coating of the lenses. i investigated this on the net and found that other people had had this issue.
I know that scratched lenses are not covered by oakley which is totally understandable. however i did not consider this to be scratching so I thought i would send them to oakley (uk) with a cover letter explaining, to see if they would replace them. granted they were over 2 years old and i know the warranty is only 1 year but i've always looked after them and kept them in the case so i wouldn't expect a $200+/£140 set of glasses to fail after 2 years. personally i think this is an actual product fault/failure. I’ve seen cheap fishing polars that last longer. I was pretty much expecting them to agree and replace them for free, as oakley have always been pretty good with stuff like that. However when they contacted me, they said otherwise! They wanted £90/$150 to replace the lenses and wouldn’t acknowledge any sort of fault. I expressed my disagreement and explained pretty much what I have said above but they would not budge on this. They didn’t seem to care, so now neither do I care much for their brand. I told them that despite always buying Oakley that I will never buy oakleys again and I snowboard so that includes barring their snow goggles and clothing. hey there’s some pretty cool alternatives out there anyway! :cool: I hope this message makes its way back to oakley.
goodbye oakley. you’ve lost a life-long customer….. for life. I will never buy oakleys again

Anything other than peeling/cracks isn't covered by the one year warranty, and NOTHING is covered past that so why would you be mad that they don't cover a warranty that isn't there?

not only that but what were you cleaning your lens with? they state in there warranty that the only thing thats really ever covered is the frame and thats mostly due to manufacture defects, not if you just go and snap your frame. like batwolf said, it was after a year, sometimes they give you a little grace period but what did you expect. they sell the lenses for those glasses for $85 bucks you should have just bought new ones.

i understand the frustration. when you pay $100+ for a pair of sunglasses, especially from a reputable name like oakley, you expect them to last for more than 2 years and you expect the company to stand behind their products. but it is however a different story if you dont take care of them and mistreat them.

i own 3 pairs of oakleys. and i baby them all. nothing touches the lenses except for my oakley cleaner and my oakley micro bags. if they get dirty while i'm wearing them, and i dont have either of those things on me, i dont clean them until i get home and can use my cleaner of micro bag. i paid $180 for my custom polarized half jackets. i know that i would be very angry if i paid that money, took care of them the way i do, and they still flaked without any explanation.

bingo music_man, you hit it right on the button. you might baby them but if you are cleaning your lenses with anything that might have alcohol or ammonia you will ruin your lenses which it sounds like this guy might have done. u seem like you have the right idea with only cleaning them with the oakley cleaner. its much safer that way, we see it with our demo lenses in the store, windex get on them and they start to peel up and look like crap.

i think the forum removed my response? replied about cleaning etc. it posted now its gone. maybe i should hav just said how much i love oakley. mmmm. whats the point. laterz

so what did you clean them with? did you ever use anything other than oakley cleaners? even once?

it does kind of look bad when you join an oakley forum with a name like "oakleynomor" and the only post you make is one that bashes them. and then dont answer anyones questions. it comes off "trollish"

Yeh, one of the moderators probably deleted it because they thought you were just "trolling" and just hating on Oakley. I am fine if you want to rant about your bad experience. The truth is not everyone will have a good experience when dealing with a company, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. But obviously we don't want people just coming on and saying how they hate Oakley or how another company is better. Feel free to discuss your bad experience, and hopefully some of our members can figure out what went wrong.

Back