• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A couple R1 questions...

I have done the notch technique on the R1. In my experience it does not solve the spider cracking of the lens. The orbital joints where they meet the nosebridge is a design flaw, thus a work around, is keeping the bevel more obtuse and making the frame more rigid. Then installing the correct size shocks and utilizing the overhead method to put them on and take them off. I take the least amount of lens material off the bevel allowing the lens to fill the orbital groove.

57e72c853b7ff1ab990eb05d6bf7cdd8.jpg

3497faaadc11c4b455c0ca03d46a1067.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@xmetalmaniac thanks for chiming in here. So your take from years of experience with these is that there is nothing that can prevent the cracking because of the inherent design flaw, all that can be done is to mitigate it with cutting and use techniques? Seems like it can be pretty much nipped in the bud with your new lenses and some care during use. :)

Duly noted. I do that now with each pair of Juliets, and will do so with all future X metals I get, especially Romeo 1. ;)