• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Craigslist Rant

Skripter2k

Oakley Expert
Here comes a short rant about craigslist:
Why do people say the glasses are mint when actuality the lens are crap and they already need a tune up? I was on the hunt for a pair of juliet ducati carbon. I quickly snatched up the chance to meet when one was described at mint. I paid 1/2 of what the seller asked for wasting my time and being lied to. I almost think I shouldn't have even gave him any of my money. I'll post pics and a price I got them for when I get home.

Sorry to hear that. Post some pics and maybe you can project that and bring it back to life if that's worth the effort.

1. I feel your frustration, I have been in the same situation. Luckily I walked away with the pair for a fraction of the price and was below avg price once restored. On the bright side its somewhat fulfilling to bring them to back to mint condition provided you get them for a bargain.

I don't think most people selling on CL are collectors like us and they would rather make a sale than worry about reputation. They don't understand the value in current condition compared to what they paid new for them and are just trying recover some of what they paid for them. I bought a pair of Juliets and the frames were in excellant condition but they were sold to me as newly tuned up wtih new OEM lenses. The were tight but the lenses were from Wallleva. I think I paid $150 so it wasn't that big of a deal to just put OEM lenses in them.

I've had the same exact experience with cars. It's always in "great" shape until you get there and it turns out to be a POS. I find people's opinions of condition are the same with glasses too.

Not being a collector is one thing but whether its cars or Oakley's mint is mint. Meaning its as good as new. Good condition may be someone's opinion but mint its quiet clear, maybe its just me.

I believe people only day those things to get you out to look at whatever they are selling. Better chance of someone buying it that way.

Here we go with photos. I got them for 60 bucks but you can see how bad they are.
C7FDD84B-987C-4947-98E9-AE0E7ABC7BF3-1918-000001C84579B509_zps9593bbcd.jpg
B662500E-1ABB-4812-ADEF-543BF8A2426E-1918-000001C8439E4CD3_zpsa4c6674e.jpg

Latest Posts

Back