• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A day away from (finally) getting my case set up UPDATE 5/31: Done!

pistolpetefan23

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
I was able to get a great deal on a 3.1 tower over a year ago, but we were trying to sell our house so it just say in the garage. Well, one month ago we finally moved into our new house and I have my home office. The case has sat in the new garage, at it needed a little tlc. I painted the bottom half with Rustoleum tonight, and tomorrow will finally get it set up in my office. I may paint the upper half some time, and it needs some electrical work, but I'm sick of looking at it in the garage. Tomorrow, for the first time, I'll be able to display my whole collection in it!

I forgot that the power cord wasn't with it when I got it; are those a standard cord that a lot of electronics use? Or anything I can get as an easy replacement?

Last edited:
I was able to get a great deal on a 3.1 tower over a year ago, but we were trying to sell our house so it just say in the garage. Well, one month ago we finally moved into our new house and I have my home office. The case has sat in the new garage, at it needed a little tlc. I painted the bottom half with Rustoleum tonight, and tomorrow will finally get it set up in my office. I may paint the upper half some time, and it needs some electrical work, but I'm sick of looking at it in the garage. Tomorrow, for the first time, I'll be able to display my whole collection in it!

I forgot that the power cord wasn't with it when I got it; are those a standard cord that a lot of electronics use? Or anything I can get as an easy replacement?
It's a basic cord that plugs into a PC power supply.

And congrats!!

Well, my wife hurt her knee earlier this week so couldn't help me carry it in. Had to wait till Friday for my brother in law to help, but we were leaving right away to go camping this weekend, so no pics yet. It's set in place though, and bottom lights along with Oakley letters light up. Top bulbs inside don't work though, but going to try to find bulbs and elf they'll work. Pics Monday night!

Well, here it is. I painted the bottom portion in flat black Rustoleum. Did it in my garage at night, and lighting was poor, so had a little bit of running, but not noticeable in regular lighting in my office. Shows up with the flash a bit though. You can also see how painting it removes some of the texture and metal flake of the original finish. Honestly though, unless you're right up close to it, you can't tell, at least in my basement office lighting. One of the disappointments was I'm not able to spotlight the awesome microfiber bags I've picked up as much as I'd like. I like to get special edition bags and pair them up with a regular pair; just kind of laid the bags next to the associated glasses. Pics of shelves & glasses to follow.

2016-05-31 12.20.44.jpg
2016-05-31 12.21.01.jpg
2016-05-31 12.19.52.jpg
2016-05-31 12.20.02.jpg
2016-05-31 12.20.07.jpg
2016-05-31 12.20.19.jpg

Last edited:
Shelf 1 (Top shelf):
GP75 Display
GP75 Dispatch 2
GP75 Racing Jacket
Polished Black/Jade Vented Polarized Radarlock
Polished Black/OO BIP Scalpel
Matte Black/Chrome Polarized SGH exclusive Flak 2.0
Woodland Camo/Bronze Polarized Straight Jacket
Woodland Camo/VR28 Flak 1.0
Associated microfiber bags
2016-05-31 12.21.19.jpg

Last edited:
Shelf 2:
IH Matte Carbon/BI (version 2) Fuel Cell
SI Eagle matte black/grey Fuel Cell
SI Eagle matte black/BI Fuel Cell
Custom cerakote Fuel Cell in army green with division emblems of my two grandfathers who fought in WWII

Display items:
IH pop card
IH coin (non-painted)
IH lanyard
IH square O case
SI triangle metal sticker with backing
Subdued flag "O"
US flag "O"
Camo lanyard
SI patches: IH, tan death card, grey death card, SI eagle, thin blue line
2016-05-31 12.21.25.jpg

Last edited: