• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A deal , a refund , forum help and membership.

Spc369

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
uk
Hey , i dont post much as have little to offer in terms of knowledge so im mainly here learning. Bear with me while i waffle a bit lol.

@nicosauve1 recently posted a want for a penny and while i wasnt actively selling I have a bigger piece im after soon so was happy to let it go. We agreed a deal and i was posting today. Before packing I noticed a gap between the lens and the gasket probably due to age. Checked against a new set and the gaskets needed replacing. Easy fix and right thing to do. Not my style to sell stuff im not happy with.

First side orbital screw went Back in fine the other would not tighten / bite. The screw looked fine but the thread on the orbital looked worn. Buggar. Instantly refunded on the purchase as this was a new issue. Did some research on the forum and found @THE X-MAN guide to a fix. Ive succesfully used a juliet arm screw as per advice. Fixed. Im so happy this pair is not dead. Just needed a couple more mm to pass the worn threads in the orbital ,theres plenty in there the oem penny screw prob doesent reach. Happy days.

So apologies to @nicosauve1 for the mess around, i guess these pairs are all old and these things happen, glad it happened my end though. And for the invaluable advice on the forum in this instance from @THE X-MAN im going to buy a membership today.

thinking lifetime maybe the cheaper option, would the members you buy yearly agree?

anyway, stuff happens how you deal with it is what matters.

steve.

You don't have to buy a membership for essentially anything, as a quick search usually solves most of your problems...

Well i figure i been here a while and learnt a lot ,be nice to support the forum...... my pet hate is adverts Taking over the pages.
do the paid guys not get any?

A765A871-BF7B-48DB-AE75-E5C6FC912E46.png

Well i figure i been here a while and learnt a lot ,be nice to support the forum...... my pet hate is adverts Taking over the pages.

View attachment 763012

yep. Also, unlimited messages which was the important aspect to me. There are some other benefits to but those are the two big ones

View attachment 763012
I was like "who the hell is using my car AND my picture as an advertisement !?!?"

Then I realized that's my signature hahaha !!!

I haven't played on the forums from an actual computer in about 5 years, so I don't see a single signature anywhere lol

I was like "who the hell is using my car AND my picture as an advertisement !?!?"

Then I realized that's my signature hahaha !!!

I haven't played on the forums from an actual computer in about 5 years, so I don't see a single signature anywhere lol
Nice Challenger! Was that a stock color?

Back