• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A few from MrLee's collection

MrLee

Oakley Beginner
Okay so I've been registered a while, and never really shared what I have, so here is a few snapshots of just a few of the pairs I own.

I blame and thank my old man for my O obsession, as thanks to him, I wore my first pair - Crystal Red M Frames - aged 2 back in the 90's. I didn't buy my first pair until probably about '08 until I eventually bought myself a pair of Gascan's on a trip to Hong Kong from SGH, and it basically went from there.

001-2.jpg

002-1.jpg

- Gen 1 Frogskin Rootbeer
- Frogskin White w/ Gold Iridium

Okay, so the Gen 1's belong to my old man, he bought them back in the 80's - made in Japan with the metal hinges and everything!
I bought the white one's a few years back on impulse, got them pretty cheap, but they've been all over the world with me since.

004.jpg

005.jpg

003.jpg

- Original M-Frame Crytsal Black w/ Black Iridium Sweep
- Original Replacement Rubbers

My Dad told me a story about these, he originally bought a Crystal Red pair, in the tail end of the 80's for Mountain Biking, but ended up trading them for this pair, since his mate didn't like them black one's so much.

006.jpg

- Ballistic SI M-Frame 1.0 Matte Black w/ Clear Strike
- M Frame Matte Black w/ SI Persimmon Strike

Got these both for practically nothing on the bay. The Persimmon pair are a bit of a mash up really, they originally started life as another pair of SI, but I broke the frame, got it replaced from Oakley, then bought an SI Lense and some White socks for it.
Found out today the SI Lenses are actually different as they have to extra pegs on the nose have a slightly thicker lense than the Civi M-Frame.

007.jpg

- MotoGp Holbrook
- Gascan Polished Black w/ Bronze

Nothing to write home about with these, but the 'cans were my first pair and the Holbrooks are my most recent pick up.

009.jpg

010.jpg

008.jpg

Truly Old School! Razzzorrr Blaaaades and a boxed set of arms.

I don't have an immense collection, but not pictured is a few of my Sports Glasses (Jackets and Radars mostly), Juliets and a few pairs of Wires). I've recently sold a couple pairs as well. Oh, and the ridiculous amount of apparel I seem to have built up :p

Thanks guys! I love the original stuff because when you think about how revolutionary some of it was was, it's pretty cool. "Single Lense? Straight Arms? Grippy Rubber? Bah! It'll never catch on!!"

As far as Frog appreciation goes - I don't think I even need to say anything ;)

I'm desperately trying to stop myself from buying some more Frogs, as I have a hard enough decision choosing what pair I wear as it is xD

Back