• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A few of my favorite things...

MJLSr

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
So yeah, I guess its about time I did this? All I can say about the past is that once upon a time, circa 1999, there way a guy, not much more than a boy who stumbled upon a Juliet in all of its joy! He was fascinated. He had never seen anything like it... I... He had not the money at the time, but he worked overtime and saved up and soon they were mine (his, anyway...). Since then I have gone from that first pair to 50+ (it fluctuates, currently 55 pairs). The majority are X-Metals, complete & matched[serials]... There are a few customs, but its ALL OEM!!! I have some carbon fiber (Blades) and a touch of plastic, uh... O-Matter in my Fives and Gascans - 'cause I gotta represent for the 3D movies. I also have a couple few Shoe One's and some interesting display pieces that make for some fun!

No need to recap the past more than that - its the past for reason and most of you here on the forum know I've been here for at least a few seasons. So let's start with today! :D

The most recent addition/adjustment to my collection is the Badman & Madman. If you've seen my comments on these you know two things:
1) I refuse to call them X-Metals in the traditional sense - only as a continuation of the 'family' and/or a marketing variable
2) I like the Badman a lot and I am VERY disappointed by the Madman
...so with 2x Badman (Carbon/Daily_Prizm, Plasma/Sapphire) and 1x Madman (Pewter/BIP) I'll probably wind up returning the Madan for the Ferrari version soon and will add the Ferrari Badman?

The issue for me was finding them a new home. I have 3 cabs:
- a double-wide 3.0 tower with upgraded LED's and purple stage lighting film
- a stretch' single-wide that is absolutely gorgeous
- and a 3.0 countertop ;)

Now... where oh where should these 'X-Metal family, but not quite X-Metals' go? After much debate and introspection I came to terms with the overwhelming belonging that the Badman offered while weighing heavily the shame of the Madman. Short story shorter the 2x Badman and their pros outweigh the lone Madman and its cons by a distance not easily measured, even less after reviewing with a neat Bushmills 21 yr, but I digress...

Wouldn't you know after debating so much in my mind they would go - right smack in the middle of the doublewide, on their own triple with fresh pop to each side! :shock:

So here are the pics - this is now, more on the collection to follow!

Cheers :drinks:

16515243215_788cd7c81a_k.jpg

15892668764_49581b3e64_k.jpg

15895077493_6b7a7498ea_k.jpg

Ahhhhh I'm going to have to pick up a pair of those Plasma/Sapphires sooner rather than later. Every time I see them I like them a little more. You sir, have a nice setup.

Sellout. Lol. I am saying that because i dont feel like spending on them... Yet.

Neither did I, but that's what discounts are for! [Truth be told I would have bought the Badman regardless, at least one of them]
yeah, i have been so busy, i haven't even thought of working my cOnnections. hope you got a decent score!

They do fit in quite well in that set-up, look part of the family. I'm still not past the point of regarding them as a source of sapphire cuts for Juliet, rather than an actual pair of sunglasses. But I'll get there!

regarding them as a source of sapphire cut
I've thought about pulling those sapphire's and hand cutting them at least a dozen times - replacement lenses [donors] will be available soon and there are already some that can be cut... if it were not for the fact that they actually work quite well with the Plasma, and the Badman itself is a 'Win' in form, fit, and function - note: I should add that line to my review ... they would have been in my Juliets already!

thank you for sharing . . .
nice clean setup - i want those Madman/Badman display cards!

great collection :agree:

Man you have an amazing collection! Love the lighting. I like how you displayed these and the pop cards just add to that! Awesome!!

Here's the current collection:
- 55 pairs total in 3 cabs (doublewide, singlewide, and a countertop)
- 52 pairs in 3 cabs at the moment
- 42 of them with boxes/complete (including some that have been customized, stashing the OEM lenses and such in a few)
- 3 are currently undergoing a refinishing of some sort ;)
- 8 pairs of Shoe One's
- 6 watches (1 Hollow Point, 3x GMT, 2x TB1)

X-Metals... 3x R1, 3x R2, 2x Mars, 2x XX, 1x X Squared, 6x Half-X, 16x Juliets, and 3x other project pairs
Others: 6x Carbon Blades, 2x Fives 3.0, 6x 3D Gascans, 1x Bronze Wire, 2x Badman, 1x Madman... and a C SIX.

A few pics - starting with an overview then detailing the doublewide...

My 3 cabs
all-cabs-15Feb2015.jpg

Cab 1
cab1-overview-15feb15.jpg

Cab 1 top 2 shelves
cab1-top2shelves-overview.jpg

Cab 1 shelves 3 & 4
cab1-shelves-3and4-overview.jpg

Cab 1 bottom shelf (the base light compliments the watches nicely, more on that later...
cab1-bottom-watches.jpg

Back