• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Fixer Upper Single Wide...need Some Help

Yeah I knew that, I was saying if you took a small drill bit and put a small hole where you wanted the peg to screw into, you could tap that hole to add threads (soft metal) and screw in the peg. I just think it would be hard to get all 4 that the shelf would sit on even and prob not look that good.

Yeah I knew that, I was saying if you took a small drill bit and put a small hole where you wanted the peg to screw into, you could tap that hole to add threads (soft metal) and screw in the peg. I just think it would be hard to get all 4 that the shelf would sit on even and prob not look that good.

That would actually work fine drilling the holes, all you need to do is measure the distance from the bottom up on each peg, as long as you mark it at the same depth it should be even

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something - are you saying it's just missing the shelf pins or that there aren't even any pre-existing holes to mount the pins?

1014141251.jpg
Kronin, the tower is missing the corner aluminum angle to attach the pins to. I have attached some photos. The case is the aluminum Mega tower single wide. I have the plexiglass walls for the back and sides, and also the plexi door. In photos I have seen, at each of the corners there seems to be a piece of aluminum angle that may slide in the corner slots at the top and bottom to keep/hold the side and back pieces of plexiglass in. Best I can guess from previous pics posted is that this angle also has some "pegs" spot welded/soldered(?) to hold the plexiglass shelves. I have to get the aluminum angle that goes in the corner slots to hold in the plexi walls, and once i get that fit up I am looking at aluminum solder to join some pegs to the corner angle so I can put the shelves in.

I* thought about the drill and tap or counter sink as an alternative to my idea of solder/spot weld and that may be a more fool-proof way to do it so to ensure level of shelving.

Last edited:
View attachment 109409 Kronin, the tower is missing the corner aluminum angle to attach the pins to. I have attached some photos. The case is the aluminum Mega tower single wide. I have the plexiglass walls for the back and sides, and also the plexi door. In photos I have seen, at each of the corners there seems to be a piece of aluminum angle that may slide in the corner slots at the top and bottom to keep/hold the side and back pieces of plexiglass in. Best I can guess from previous pics posted is that this angle also has some "pegs" spot welded/soldered(?) to hold the plexiglass shelves. I have to get the aluminum angle that goes in the corner slots to hold in the plexi walls, and once i get that fit up I am looking at aluminum solder to join some pegs to the corner angle so I can put the shelves in.

I* thought about the drill and tap or counter sink as an alternative to my idea of solder/spot weld and that may be a more fool-proof way to do it so to ensure level of shelving.

Ah yes I see - you're missing the entire internal angle brackets on which the shelf pins are mounted. Somebody probably unbolted / took the top off and removed them. And you're looking to fab the entire missing angle brackets? If you need some measurements let me know; I or someone else here can provide them, I'm sure... (though at this point I'm not going to take apart my case to pull one out...:D)

Ah yes I see - you're missing the entire internal angle brackets on which the shelf pins are mounted. Somebody probably unbolted / took the top off and removed them. And you're looking to fab the entire missing angle brackets? If you need some measurements let me know; I or someone else here can provide them, I'm sure... (though at this point I'm not going to take apart my case to pull one out...)
oh come on now, surely its due for a cleaning, right? Just kiddin' man. Yes, the angle is whats not there, but I found some different sizes of aluminum angle at the lowe's/home depot that should work. Got a question/favor though...and not directed at you in particular but anyone willing to help. At the slots where the corner internal angle brackets slide into....would someone mind taking a picture of the underside of this and at the top please? I would like to see how the angle bracket is put together in conjunction with the slots. I am thinking that the overall piece of angle is wider than the slots, but has some slight "extension" on both ends of the bracket to slide into the slots. Also, some measurements would help tremendously as far as overall length on the brackets go.

oh come on now, surely its due for a cleaning, right? Just kiddin' man. Yes, the angle is whats not there, but I found some different sizes of aluminum angle at the lowe's/home depot that should work. Got a question/favor though...and not directed at you in particular but anyone willing to help. At the slots where the corner internal angle brackets slide into....would someone mind taking a picture of the underside of this and at the top please? I would like to see how the angle bracket is put together in conjunction with the slots. I am thinking that the overall piece of angle is wider than the slots, but has some slight "extension" on both ends of the bracket to slide into the slots. Also, some measurements would help tremendously as far as overall length on the brackets go.

You're correct - the angle brackets are wider than the slots and have little tabs on the ends to go in the slots.

When I picked up my single-wide, only one bolt was holding the top in place so I had those angle brackets come loose and I had to remount them and bolt the top back down, which is why I'm not eager to take it back apart...:D

I'll take some pics / measurements when I get home, if somebody doesn't beat me to it.

You da man....

I have started to clean the main side rails. Using Mother's Polish as I have had good results in the past on other projects. Just ordered some Sheila Shine for the bottom metal door and side walls. I will post pics of progress so far as well as "before" pics pics, probably tomorrow.

Latest Posts

Back