• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Great Scavenger Hut

Oakster

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Canada
I've been pretty quiet lately with my pickups as I'm really working on Flores so I haven't had much for extra funds. Yesterday was a bit of an anomaly as I had just a great day.

The best part of yesterday wasn't necessarily the goods, but I met a couple other great collectors in the area, plus pretty much everything I picked up - I sold to them!! One has a brother that's an OF member.

The cases are funny as I purchased brother towers and cubes from actual brothers in real life. I love symmetry so having 2 towers and 2 cubes is WAY better that one of each. The Plates are awesome - now I'll have to complete the set. And the XX are the blood skulls. I have the straight jackets already so these are a great add.

Then the Fluoro kits! These were not necessarily a holy grail for me, but something I really regretted not having. I worked at the only store in our province that got them, but that was before my collector's days. Finding a complete set, all with tags, from a guy who I sold them to a 9 years ago was really really cool.

It was a long day yesterday with 8 hours of work plus 7 hours of driving, but it was really what Oakley collecting was about. Finding some cool stuff you really like and meeting some great people!

73BEE413-955B-4F4E-B826-9B5447EC3F23-21281-000005E6E3014CE7_zps4d8dec96.jpg

2ECEBD7A-F8BF-425F-9A86-4197B4D3A369-21281-000005E6F179B529_zpscd8160d6.jpg

Awesome pickups bud. I love the fluoro packs, they are so retro. Can I please see a picture of you rocking the finger bands. I think people would pay to see that.

Awesome pickups bud. I love the fluoro packs, they are so retro. Can I please see a picture of you rocking the finger bands. I think people would pay to see that.

I'll just use the fingerbands for the twins as wristbands.

Were those Fluoro lacks on EBay, do you know? I know someone had them listed multiple times from Canada and I always had them in my watch list.......just could never pull the trigger.

Yep. The price in my opinion was actually pretty fair. I think he shot himself in the foot using stock photos and the shipping charges being to high. I paid his starting bid minus the fees and shipping. I'm really excited to have them as they're such a neat display item... I really hope in May I can spend some time prepping and painting the new space and getting everything up again. All I have on display right now are my 2 stretch cases, but at least they have all of my favorite stuff in them!

Back