• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Little Jade In My Marine Fade...

Regular_John

Oakley Expert
I've been itching to buy some new lenses so I grabbed a set of Jade lenses for my Marine Fade Frogskins. I like this much better than the original Blue Iridium lenses! I have to admit though, the color is kind of hard to capture under artificial light, they look so much better in natural light, maybe I'll retake the pic tomorrow... Ha!

NwStuff-2.jpg

Lookin good. Did the frame chip or scratch at all when swapping lenses? I was going to swap before but had a little concern

Seabrook said:
Lookin good. Did the frame chip or scratch at all when swapping lenses? I was going to swap before but had a little concern

No, not at all, although I won't be swapping lenses out on these anymore. I think I'm gonna throw the blue iridiums in my acid blue fame.

@Batwolf-yes, the Jade does look so much better in this frame. It looks awesome in sunlight, like the top part of the frame and lens are made of the same material. Very cool looking!!!

I tried out the Jade lenses in almost all of my Frogs, and the best combos I have found are:

Marine and Grenade Fade
Antifreeze (although it's almost too much)
The entire Acid and Acid Tortoise series (especially orange, green, and blue)
Smog series
and any Crystal Black, Clear, etc.

...but I still must say that I don't like the Jade lens that much. I may be the only one, but I'm sticking to my opinion.

Back