• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Little "rant", And A Bit Sad

Belmont3

Oakley Beginner
So for Christmas, my mom got me my first scalpel set. I got the Casey Stoner MotoGP and I would like to say they are awesome. Side note, I detail vehicles on the side to help me out through college, as a consequence now I can see almost any scratch on any type of paint. Due to the fact these pair are polished black, the scratches are easier to detect. Then I noticed two lines, long story short, looks like the frame is cracked. If you look at the glasses from the front, one is on the top left corner from the lens going towards the stem, and the other one on the right middle section towards the lower portion of the stem. Has anyone come accross this? She ordered them directly from the o site, I guess I am a bit shocked and sad. So what is next? I already reviewed Oakley's rules to file a claim, but I do not want to be out my new shades :(.

On the other "problem". I had picked out a few custom pairs for the next few months (Radar, split jacket and oil rig), but i went to the site to order one and now the color is not available. Does this mean that I won't be able to get my pattern? Sorry for the silly questions, but I'm sure someone came across this problem once before.

Thanks,

Jerry.

Many polished frames has distinguishable marks on the corners to help detect counterfeits. They come like that directly from Oakley.

well about the scratches or lines, many brand new oakleys have mold release lines that are VERY subtle but still noticeable. I've noticed the SAME exact lines on multiple pairs of holbrooks and batwolfs personally. unless it is visibly 'cracked' and separated, i wouldnt worry about it too much. can you post pics?

After a very thorough inspection, I removed the lenses and keeping in mind what Batwolf and MugenPWR mentioned, I came to realize that it is indeed a mold line (s). They are way to perfectly straight to be a crack. Well, now I feel like a moron :cool:

To answer your custom pairs Q, normally oakley remove the color options when they are out of stock, so just keep checking, cus you never know, it may just pop back onto the site!

Not sure if it's the same thing or not but it sounds like it. My Stoner Scalpels have a very similar "scratch" or "crack" on the upper parts. Pretty sure it's a factory thing to detect fakes like stated before.

After a very thorough inspection, I removed the lenses and keeping in mind what Batwolf and MugenPWR mentioned, I came to realize that it is indeed a mold line (s). They are way to perfectly straight to be a crack. Well, now I feel like a moron :cool:

Well that's what this forum is about, ask questions to get answers. At least you didn't send them back. Nice pair by the way.

Back