• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Little Story And Huge Thank You To Qtrain23 @ RED Day

Smurf_AZ

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Detroit, MI
Up until about 5 days before RED I was planning on attending then work got in the way like usual and I was on a plane the other direction. I contacted qtrain to see if he would be willing to take some items on my behalf. He agreed without hesitation. So I shipped him a set of BNIB Oakley 1 Grips from 1975 and a new in the bag set of Oakley 3 grips. I was hoping this was something that just might spark Jim's interest.

Q kept in contact via text and a call during Red and I left him in control of the reigns to trade, barter, sell etc for whatever he could get.

Tonight there was a package waiting at my house from Q, a package a helluva lot bigger than the one I sent him.

Here is what I sent to Q to make it to RED on my behalf:

2gbr.jpg
w76j.jpg

In my package from Q this is what I received:

Size 11 - Yellow Shoe One Low Tops (Perfect match to the Yellow Grip 1)
Size 11 - Silver Shoe One High Tops (Perfect match to the silver/grey Grip Three)
Signed Name card (I'm assuming where I was supposed to be)

And of course my forum User coin made by Q himself and it is just awesome. Everyone needs to get one of these.

xy3r.jpg

iaoc.jpg

cl8d.jpg

mi37.jpg

04zu.jpg

ds6p.jpg

w9gy.jpg

This just goes to show what loyalty there is between members of forums, especially the Oakley community as it is just one big brother/sister-hood. We all are here for the same reason, we love Oakleys and love going broke buying them! I have had the chance to meet Q in person, very cool dude, hell he even bought me dinner! I know I still owe him a nice big chinese dinner (I didn't forget bro).

So all in all a HUGE Thank YOU goes out to QTRAIN23 for his efforts to accommodate me, it is truly appreciated. And another thanks to Jim for hosting this event and opening up your space to this community. I wish I could of made it but life got in the way. Q hooked me up and I still feel like I was apart of the special day at RED Hollywood!

Goodnight O-Family

Q is an awesome member all of my dealings with him have been awesome. Getting to meet him was an awesome bonus and I look forward to continuing a relationship with him. Thanks Q.

That was really cool of him. imo the high gesture was even recognizing your missed absence with the name card. The shoes and his service on that part are awesome for sure, but I'd get borderline teary eyed about that card.

very nice story. yup, Q can sometimes be misunderstood (from the threads i have read). but this gesture shows what a stand up guy he is. definitely a great person.....congrats on the shoe ones....

That's very cool that he could help you out like that! Have to say its very cool the way people that don't really know each other or that have never met before would go out of their way and help someone out all in the name of all things thats are O!

All the Help is very much appreciated from my side from all the guys that have help me out so far and i'm also happy to help with any help that i can offer from my side of the world!!

That's awesome you were still able to be a part of the event by proxy. I think you made out pretty good in the trade and will probably enjoy the shoes more than the grips. Congrats! Those of us who couldn't go can only dream about it now. Maybe, just maybe, we will have an event like this in the future.

That is beautiful......:smile: It is nice to always see things work out.

Hey atrain.....you let Q rub you? :lol:

Back