• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Moral customization question...

So I have picked up some Gen 1 Froggies, including a couple that were beaters, or were broken. I have cleaned em up (and fixed em up) and was thinking of painting em up and customizing. As the subject matter experts, I was curious if it is frowned upon to customize these?

Are there frames that “shouldn’t” be customized?
Hey man, if they're yours, do what you would like to make them "yours". I've customized a few frames, and while I used to do custom jobs for others, I just do my own frames to make them "mine". Have fun with it.

I don’t know about O-Matter, but there are a few X Metal frames that are frowned upon to customize.

Most any frame in Plasma, especially a R1, XX, Juliet, or 1st Gen Plasma any frames....
4 Digit R1 Serial’d frames (aka MJ R1)
Plasma R1’s
Serialized XX Plasma
Brown Juliets
Sample pairs (24k XS for example)
Any OEM / Prototype un-released colorway (Copper R1 for instance)

I think you will be hard pressed to find someone customizing a Carbon Fiber C6....

It seems when getting into the higher end items, the customization is more accessorizing vs entirely changing the frame....

I don’t know about O-Matter, but there are a few X Metal frames that are frowned upon to customize.

Most any frame in Plasma, especially a R1, XX, Juliet, or 1st Gen Plasma any frames....
4 Digit R1 Serial’d frames (aka MJ R1)
Plasma R1’s
Serialized XX Plasma
Brown Juliets
Sample pairs (24k XS for example)
Any OEM / Prototype un-released colorway (Copper R1 for instance)

I think you will be hard pressed to find someone customizing a Carbon Fiber C6....

It seems when getting into the higher end items, the customization is more accessorizing vs entirely changing the frame....
I believe @zwc0442 customized a C Six, though I think it was aluminum

Yes sir he did - and it came out killer as well, even held and looked at that one :)

(The joke was it was found at the bottom of the ocean, and only Zach and his magic could make it good again, ha ha)
He made my everyday SJ2 into this beauty. Will match nicely to the Gascan!
A SJ2 that @Rick58 and (possibly) @Chris169 don’t own 😝

DF21A125-020A-443A-99AE-75879B817B5E.jpeg

Back