• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A new daily-wearer, my first (and probably the only) Oakley watch

iamFLIP

Unretired
It came in over the weekend...

So I finally pulled the trigger and traded a sealed and very hard-to-find LEGO set for an Oakley watch.
I bought the LEGO set for $150 about 3 years ago and it currently valued at about $1,200.
The watch is brand new and band hasn't been adjusted yet.
I just wished it came in a better case though.
And the watch is a little to big for my wrist but I'll wear it anyway.

IMG_8813.JPG

IMG_8814.JPG

IMG_8811.JPG

That's a crazy return on your money for the Lego set.

I'm starting to consider buying up all the Lego sets and hiding them away forever now. :p

But beautiful watch. :D

Congrats!!!

This one...

61Rf-NCLpjL.jpg

On the picture below, the set on the top-left (dark red and tan) is about $1900 BNIB. The next one (light blue and white) is about $1500.
The Tie Fighter Advance $500. And the Millennium Falcon $3,500 (msrp was $500). Used/built/displayed ones are about 10%-20% less.

@OakleyFrankFMJ However, like any type of investments, nothing is guaranteed. Only few sets are sought-after by collectors
Most will hardly appreciate in value, the worst you can do is break-even.

IMG_8819.JPG

This picture shows just how big the millennium falcon compared to the others. 5,000+ pieces, and took me couple weeks to build.

IMG_8692.JPG

congrats on the watch! I too, only have one oakley watch now and its the titanium gearbox. pretty much like yours but with the unobtanium band. I used to have a minute machine/time tank. That millenium falcon looks siiiiiiiiiick!!!

Great looking watch, congrats. If you don't like it, I'll give you one of my kids' 50 piece LEGO sets so you can have your LEGO's back.

Back