• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Newbie's thoughts on the Forum

Oakleholic

Oakley Expert
Bluegrass State
My name is D, and I'm an Oakleholic :rockon:

When I signed up for this forum it was to get some insight on some Oakley's my wife was looking to buy me for Christmas (Factory Lites). At that time I had 5 pairs of Oakley sunglasses,..minimal things from the clothing line, including 2-3 hats and so forth. SINCE joining the forum only 6 weeks ago I've added 5 (soon to be 8) pairs of shades, a display stand, lots of clothing and miscellaneous gear as well as some spare unobtanium kits and lenses for backups. I see no signs of this interest waning. I've learned so freaking much though in such a short amount of time, I'm grateful to have access to these resources available with an easy to use search feature. Much of it would be nearly impossible to find out without extensive time spent scouring most likely outdated and sketchy websites and blogs. The people that will reply with input and suggestions however, are the finest example of what hobbyist and enthusiast should be all about. Quick to answer, not afraid to correct, and so far with my experience NOT looking to "hustle" the n00bs as it were. I can honestly say as someone who's been active on other hobby/collector forums that it has so far been nothing but a pleasure to participate here, therefore furthering my interest into this niche. Some of the elitist attitude actually was such a turn off in previous experiences that I lost interest entirely, not out of jealousy or lack of ability to "keep up" with other members but out of fear I might sound like one of them eventually if I did. Seems like there's none of that nonsense here, and if it is, I'm just missing it...thankfully. Everyone is equally friendly and helpful to the guy with 2 things in his collection, on up to the guys with 700 items in their collections. Atmospheres like that are generally a filter down effect, so I suspect there's good leadership at the heart here and the "big dog" collectors set a good standard on treating people right...good attitudes like that are contagious too. This is great place to read, learn something about an interest, share and generally shoot the bull. I've been thinking these things for a few nights now as I read through threads, just wanted to put it on the keyboard before I forgot. Not really a point, other than to pat you all on the back and say thanks for welcoming us new members aboard the way you do. You've got a really cool thing going here, I hope it always stays that way.

Deuces Gents!

That was beautiful. One thing I have to say is it is very true about how the wealth of knowledge is just spread out here for everyone to share. This is a great place for all to learn from the novice single pair wearer to the crazy collector with lots.

:thumb:

You know I have been on other forums but none have sucked me in the way this has. We all have a common interest and we all are passonite about the product we support. Yes it comes with a price (litterlly) lol but its worth it. We all come from different walks of life but we can all rejoice here. Family that I have converted to Oakley fans now understand why its Oakley and only Oakley. Girls ive dated or currently date dont get it and think im a junkie, but then I show them collections on here from guys like Fear and they say ok your not that bad lol. Shout out to fear. I see what you mean about elite attitudes but its not really around here and I love that. This forum is up daily for me and I love everyone I interact with.

I agree, such a great community we have here. We love to help each other with our knowledge and the maturity of the users is far better than any other forum I've been on.

+ 1 Oakleholic! i know for sure that this forum is not perfect.... and i have my reasons to leave but have enough reasons to stay. people i have met here are reason enough for me to continue my love for oakleys. when i joined here at first i was afraid, thinking that im just one of the small fish in the big pond but moderators and some great guys made me realize that "i belong"....

Back