• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A question about possible fakes, (Opinions Needed)

They look real.

I read further and saw it was @Jon the Don who sold the pair. He is as solid as they come. Never say never, but I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't be selling you fake stuff.

Juliet frames, while pretty bullet proof and serviceable, were notorious for having ill fitting lenses that cause the rattling. It was because the orbitals could be slightly larger or smaller depending on production.

It's normal for some not to have serials etched into them.

For future reference, you can check what you have with fake X-metals here.... Oakley X-Metal Authenticity Checklist

Taken from this page...

Thank you for the kind words, brother.

🙏

Chiming in on whats been said, looks real - newer 4th generation+ had no serial numbers.

The orbitals also use a rounded tab to attach to the nose bridge v.s. on the older (1st through 3rd) generations the orbital tabs were squared off. This causes a looser feeling nose bridge and fit because the rounded tabs stay perpetually floppy. Newer gens typically have slightly larger orbitals that can cause lenses to not fit.

I have 2nd and 3rd gen serialized frames - square tabs and a 4th gen rounded tabs, polished no serial frame. All three were freshly tuned and the polished ones do feel noticeably looser because of the rounded tabs. If I try to fit a lens from the older frames into the newer one, they rattle unless I take the gaskets out.

Welcome to the Forum. Your questions answered by the people who know. 👍
I have a prescription A Wire gold frame , saw a black frame on Ebay when I got them , the frame was little bigger, and the right ear arm on the inside didnt have the A Wire marking , nor did it have the SKU number on the left ear arm. The frame is in great condition , good price . The seller said Oakley was sold to another company and they no longer put those on the frame . Is that true ?

Latest Posts

Back