• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A quick hello

scouser_75

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys, just joined to do some research before I go ahead and purchase some very much needed new Oakleys. Maybe will buy 2 pairs. One for surfing days and one for a smart look.

I've had my current pair since 2007 :eek: No idea what they are... all I do know is they're wrap arounds and they look good. Alas, wifey snapped one of the arms, which is now quite loose. But still wearable.

The ones I have my eyes on are the half jacket 2.0 XL and Holbrooks.

I'll also need a lens that protects me FULLY from UV rays as I'm very very sensitive to those bu**ers! Any suggestions please?

You can check on your past pair the inner surface of the arms, or on the inner surface of the nosebridge as many models had their model name imprinted there on older models. Or post a photo of them... that is if you were inclined to try another pair.

I have no complaints with my cerakoted Holbrooks, defiantly a causal model I'd recommend. If you were looking for something that was a bit more of a wrap style you could look into the Straightlink, Chainlink or Valve models which also have some added rubber on the temples making them a bit more resilient for active use.

Not much to say for the Half Jacket 2.0 XL, I know many members here love them but I don't own any myself.

Here we are guys, my 13 years old Oakleys. I looked on the inside, but there were no details other than the fact that they were made in the USA. Any ideas what model they are? And, yes, they are in green 😅

IMG_1027.JPG
IMG_1098.JPG

I'm out in town today so going to hopefully be able to find a decent sunny glass shop to try on a few pairs. I haven't yet tried the half jackets only researched them online.

Back