• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A quick hello

Right, was out and about in London Town yesterday and came across a SunglassHut. Of course, I had to go in. Alas, there were no Half Jackets or Flaks. But what they did have was "Flak Jacket 2.0". But these looked totally different to the Flak 2.0. There were gaps at the top of the lenses, they were MASSIVE and they were horrible! I done a quick search for that model and it showed pictures of the Flak 2.0. I think the shop may have labelled them incorrectly.

I also tried on the Holbrooks. They looked great on show but on my head they looked MASSIVE😧

Gutted to say, none of the oakleys there suited me. But I know some of you kind folk have suggested a few nice looking specs on my other thread so will check those out too. I'm also going to the Oakley shop sometime in the next couple of weeks, which should have all the range on show.

Welcome !! You might be better off looking in the exchange for a pair of Minutes, Twenties, Eye Jackets. Those you will not find in a store outside of the new Eye Jacket Redux (blech).

Guys, I finally managed to visit an Oakley shop today.

Well, you all were correct - the Flak 2.0’s are much better than the Half Jackets. I tried both on and the Flaks fit much better. The only issue is they don’t give as much full cover as my current Minute gen 2 wrap arounds. A lot of light seeps in from the bottom and sides. Also, they cost around £200 with the Prizm Polarised lens. But I might get 20% discount so possibly £160. Good deal?

I also looked at the Flak Betas and Flak Draft. I have to say, the Flak Drafts were better than the Flak 2.0. What’s the main difference? They are a lot more in price though.

And as I was in the store, I looked for some slightly smarter sunnys for when I’m not surfing. I looked at the Slivers.

Last edited:
Back