• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A-Rod Is Suing MLB And MLBPA Over His Suspension And The Cubbies Have A Mascot.

Pete Rose never tilted any odds. He always bet ON his team, never against.
Not 100% of the time and that's the problem...
I grew up during the heyday of the Big Red Machine, watched them play the A's at Riverfront Stadium, Pete Rose co-signed my son's first home run ball and his son Pete Jr (who is a really good guy) gave batting instruction to my son.
With all that having been said, you can count me in his fan club but when you always bet on your team to win and don't bet on your team when you know that they are going to lose then that is a problem. The absence of confidence in your team sends a message and tilts the odds within the betting community. Pete's paid the price and came clean eventually but Bart Giamatti still grinds his axe from the grave.
A-Roid is in this for his ego, just like Pete was back in the day when he was in full denial mode. Every Biogenesis-related player took a deal. Every one of the dirty dozen. Over what, 500 test messages involving Bosch and A-Roid, transfers of tens of thousands of dollars? There's just too much smoke here for there to be only mirrors and no fire. So the deal is all ego; the pursuit of being the only member of the 800 HR club and not liking being told "no".
Going to Fenway was almost a religious experience. Wrigley the same. Move the Cubs from Wrigley and to Rosemont? Rosemont? Literally right next to O'Hare? If you want to get criminal elements more involved with MLB then yes move the Cubs to Rosemont. So leave it in Wrigleyville please.
I do like their anatomically correct mascot:
Cubs Are Disappointed You Did Such Filthy Things To Their New Mascot

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back