• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Sad Story About Some Plates

A rattle can may or may not give you the texture and thickness you need to match the existing. Letting a pro choose the appropriate nozzle is the best solution. Or just mail them to me :D

I just went the spray can route on a pair of Splices, not that I'm an expert or anything, but if you don't have any experience, go with the pro! Needless to say I'm not overly excited at my job!

Yeah, I think that will be the best option...
Gotta contact some airbrush guy I know, I think. The guy does it as a hobby, but his works are awesome. Does a lot on RC cars and he really knows how stuff works.
I guess it might take a couple of weeks before it's done. But then I'll be totally happy with them. The glasses are awesome except for the earstem.

Just thinking to ship the whole glasses to the guy. Or take off the earstem... That way I am sure nothing can happen to the glasses, but I am a bit wary off taking earstems off a plate. For a gascan it would be no problem. But the plates that are on the frame are quite fragile, maybe they will brake when I take off the earstem.
Other option is to drive to the guy with the glasses, so I can see they are treated well :p

Yeah, I think that will be the best option...
Gotta contact some airbrush guy I know, I think. The guy does it as a hobby, but his works are awesome. Does a lot on RC cars and he really knows how stuff works.
I guess it might take a couple of weeks before it's done. But then I'll be totally happy with them. The glasses are awesome except for the earstem.

Just thinking to ship the whole glasses to the guy. Or take off the earstem... That way I am sure nothing can happen to the glasses, but I am a bit wary off taking earstems off a plate. For a gascan it would be no problem. But the plates that are on the frame are quite fragile, maybe they will brake when I take off the earstem.
Other option is to drive to the guy with the glasses, so I can see they are treated well :p

If it's not too far & you have the time i'd take the PRECIOUS cargo in the car with you. Better to be safe than sorry. I agree about the ear stems. I'd leave them on wouldn't want to regret any actions taken.

Back