• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Simple Start

spin_nin

I should Work at Oakley
Chicago, IL.
I got my first pair in '92 (Matte Blk Frogskins w/ VI) and I got a few more throughout the 90's (FMJ XX w/ FI & Blk Gld Eyejacket w/ GI). The last pair I bought were Blk Minutes w/ BI (the first gen).

When I lost the Minutes, I decided to look for a new pair and I guess I went a little overboard.

It isn't much, but it's a start.

I decided to use an acrylic case that was originally designed to display 1:24 NASCAR die cast. It's a simple design that has a mirror back and it can be mounted on a wall or left on top of something instead. The front is open for the pictures, obviously, but when closed it keeps the dust out. I have them near my staging area so I can grab whatever pair suits me for the day.

Thanks to everyone here for all the great information on the eyewear and for sharing their collections we all love so much!

Left to Right, Top to Bottom:

Large Soft Vault, Large Carbon Fiber Eyewear Case

Batwolf (OCP / Blk Ink Frame / Ruby Ird / Red Icons), Batwolf (Granite Frame / BIP / Blk Icon)
Bottlecap (Polished Blk Frame, Emerald Ird,), XX Twenty (FMJ 5.56 w/ Fire Ird)
Bottle Rocket (Metallic Blk Frame, VR28 BIP), Flak Jacket XLJ (OCP w / Jet Blk Frame, Ice Ird Lenses - I have many other lenses as well).
Crankcase (Polished Blk Frame / Warm Gray / Gunmetal Icons), Pair of X-Metal Single Tier Stands.

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool idea on the case. What do those normally cost?

Also, can you take a pic of the granite Batwolf by itself? I've been kind of intrigued by that color but haven't found many good non-stock photos of it.

Very cool idea on the case. What do those normally cost?
Hi pistolpetefan23,

It all depends on the size of the case.

This is where I got mine: displaycasedirect on eBay

I purchased cases like this, for their originally intended purpose, when I was collecting 1:18 Muscle cars. The cases are very well made. I had 3 total, including this smaller one.

IMG_0091.jpg

Last edited: