• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A visual definition of X-Metal

It is according to oakley
Not exactly...

"Building on the legacy of our original X Metal® Collection..."

"...has resulted in a product collection that truly stands alone."

This is what I have alluded to in many of my posts over recent months. It is an association for marketing purposes, which is both understandable and questionable, honorable and pathetic at the same time. Many of the Oakley resellers and distributors have called these out as the new X-Metals directly, linking them in a way I have not seen from Oakley directly. What I have read and seen is that the new X-Metal collection "builds on" and "is inspired from" - it is that kind of wording that only makes me want to throw up a little in my mouth as opposed to completely hurling in an epic projectile vomiting kind of way.

I hope this tone is maintained from the source. There will certainly be distributors and resellers that will emphasize the X-metal lineage - I don't even want to get started on those 'special' eBay sellers that will call these X-Metals outright without hesitation. To bundle a substantially weaker alloy and plastic [uh, O Matter] piece of eyewear with a pure Ti frame beyond the statements provided by the manufacturer would be at the least unethical, and blasphemy to at lest some. ;)

Of course, time will - we will know more in a week.

BTW - Good conversation here - I am getting a sense of healing in progress, or at least coming to terms with the terms being used for new and old alike :D

Now, please - show us your PICS! :p

(Now we resume 'A visual definition of X-Metal', already in progress)

Two Pairs that I feel are classic X-Metal and Define what X-Metal is. 24K XX and XMetal Ice Juliet. One is flashy and the other is as simple as it gets, but both are all X-Metal and totally badass

uploadfromtaptalk1423446528358.jpg

Not exactly...

"Building on the legacy of our original X Metal® Collection..."

"...has resulted in a product collection that truly stands alone."

This is what I have alluded to in many of my posts over recent months. It is an association for marketing purposes, which is both understandable and questionable, honorable and pathetic at the same time. Many of the Oakley resellers and distributors have called these out as the new X-Metals directly, linking them in a way I have not seen from Oakley directly. What I have read and seen is that the new X-Metal collection "builds on" and "is inspired from" - it is that kind of wording that only makes me want to throw up a little in my mouth as opposed to completely hurling in an epic projectile vomiting kind of way.

I hope this tone is maintained from the source. There will certainly be distributors and resellers that will emphasize the X-metal lineage - I don't even want to get started on those 'special' eBay sellers that will call these X-Metals outright without hesitation. To bundle a substantially weaker alloy and plastic [uh, O Matter] piece of eyewear with a pure Ti frame beyond the statements provided by the manufacturer would be at the least unethical, and blasphemy to at lest some. ;)

Of course, time will - we will know more in a week.

I am able to comment on this....

I have watched these 2 pairs sell like hotcakes going out of style the past 4 days, it was unreal although the Badman did sell better, certain people bought the Madman just because they had to have it anyway.

I personally do have all the models already in my usual style of purchasing. Do I like the way they look? Yes. Are they Romeos, Juliets, Mars, Craters, or any of the other metals that were released? No, of course not.....they are Oakleys next product in a long line of products and this new product is selling pretty damn well from what I've seen over the past 4 days.

Now....with the MILLIONS of customers that will end up purchasing this new product and make the company a fortune does Oakley care if I personally like the product?? No...because I'm one person....our bunch of persons here at the forum do make a percentage of sales but again are a very small percentage. Does our voice matter? Yes. the designers can hear us but what is going to be eventually approved for release to the public is going to be a product that will SELL and these 2 products are selling along with the Turbines like CRAZY.

What was my point? See what happens when I type more than a line or two? I can't remember what I was starting out with....how does @kronin323 type all these long ass messages????

Either way, this is what Oakley is now calling "X-Metals". It is Oakley, they make the product. If they want to say it's X-Metal then is it X-Metal. Does the average person know the difference? NO..... Do we here know the difference as Oakley fanatics and collectors? YES.

AND WE ARE STILL GOING TO BUY THEM ANYWAY.

Back