• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Wire Lens Cutting

hybrid90

Oakley Enthusiast
I took a look at the Lens Cutting Guide, and it says that while you CAN make a new A Wire Lens from another lens (don't remember which), they said that it's not optimal and may not fit right. I was wondering if anyone had been successful in cutting a new lens for the A Wire. I love my A Wires 2.0 Spring Hinge, but I really need a new lens and just cannot find a Polarized Ruby or regular Ruby replacement lens made by Oakley. The Ruby lens I had for them was just way took dark (I think it developed a haze over the years since I've had these for over 15 years.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

I took a look at the Lens Cutting Guide, and it says that while you CAN make a new A Wire Lens from another lens (don't remember which), they said that it's not optimal and may not fit right. I was wondering if anyone had been successful in cutting a new lens for the A Wire. I love my A Wires 2.0 Spring Hinge, but I really need a new lens and just cannot find a Polarized Ruby or regular Ruby replacement lens made by Oakley. The Ruby lens I had for them was just way took dark (I think it developed a haze over the years since I've had these for over 15 years.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
If you are in the USA and got $95-115 to spare I can make you a custom cut set from OEM Oakley lenses. You'll need to send me the frame and the old hazed over lenders after payment for me to make a new set.
I guarantee my fit and work. They'll be OEM quality, but won't be etched.

If you are in the USA and got $95-115 to spare I can make you a custom cut set from OEM Oakley lenses. You'll need to send me the frame and the old hazed over lenders after payment for me to make a new set.
I guarantee my fit and work. They'll be OEM quality, but won't be etched.
The problem is that I don’t have the hazed over set anymore. But I did replace them with a set of black iridium lenses. Will that work?

Back