• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Wire vs. A-Wire 2.0 - How to Tell the Difference?

NABodie

Oakley Beginner
I have a pair of A Wire sunglasses I need new lenses for but am not sure if I have Awire or Awire 2.0. How do you tell the difference? Mine have pretty straight arms with two screws attaching them to the frames. There are no springs in the arms.

IMG_1232.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh, ok so there would be no difference in the lenses? Which is why I was asking since I need new lenses as you can see.

The A-Wire 2.0 temple has a step in the metal temple piece where it meets the front of the rubber ear sock. The original A-wire is thin all the way to the front with no step, due to the longer rubber sock design.

I think there must be a difference in lens shape, because Oakley will not make Rx lenses for the original A-Wire but they will make them for the A-Wire 2.0. Also, Fuse lenses considers the A-Wire and A-Wire 2.0 replacement lenses to be separate items.

The frames above are A-Wire 2.0 or possible A-Wire 2.0 RX. I am trying to find out if there is a way to tell the difference by looking. From what I've read, the only difference between them is that the RX version has a shallower base curve. For those, I would guess RX because they look like they have a really shallow wrap. But that isn't a good angle to tell, and the bridge can be bent to change the amount of wrap. I don't know how easy it is to eyeball the amount of base curve in the rims.

Latest Posts

Back