• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A word of thanks to some of our new members.

• Thread starter digi7alph0enix
  • Start date
What exactly does the premium membership exactly do for someone? In my eyes, it just seems like a way for new members to get onto the exchange with 0 posts, and the "little green bar." And what/who is the money going to?

but that my presence here and not having that green bar somehow meant I was less a part of this community than some jagoff that paid to be part of it. I felt my contributions in helping and providing information, reviews, insight, was enough to be a valued member. But I realized new people don't see the years and posts, coaching people and being an asset here.
Well that newbie was blind. It is so easy to see who is who regardless of the Premium Member bar.. We just have to click on the profiles and we can see when you joined, your postings, trading profile, trophy points, etc. Your reviews, insights, info, etc, are appreciated. Plus I also know you are the M Frame lover/expert so you scored points with me there too. :)

What exactly does the premium membership exactly do for someone? In my eyes, it just seems like a way for new members to get onto the exchange with 0 posts, and the "little green bar." And what/who is the money going to?
Goes to forum for operating costs and when u upgrade ads are blocked for you

The money goes to supporting the site.

The perks include immediate exchange access, unlimited conversations, no post timer, no ads, ability to edit your posts without timeout, increased storage, and bookmarks.

It's not meant to block or unlock anything. People that pay can use a little more bandwidth and server storage.

The intent behind the blockage to the exchange section is so new people can get a bit of history before posting. It protects them from jumping in too quick, and protects the community from someone signing in to rip people off. The small barrier should help keep malicious people away, but be low enough to not deter new members. If you pay for Premium Membership you likely want to be here and be part of the community. Now, someone who knows they can scam a few grand pretty quick might wise up and pay the $35 or whatever, but generally those types are easy to spot.

it is not what it does for you as an individual but for all of us as a group. It helps with the cost of running this website as digi7alphOenix pointed out. For the record, I am not judging anybody for not becoming a Premium Member. That is a personal choice you have to make. I am just saying that it is something to be considered now or down the road if you like the Forum and benefit from it :)

Alright. Yeah maybe if I actually start trading and dealing with people, ill toss my regards in monetary form
Yeah, I have been a member for 4 months now. I enjoy coming here and learning and interacting with other members. Plus I have bought a couple of items from other members. So in my case I decided that I am here to stay and I wanted to become a Premium Member to show support for the Forum. That was my personal choice that made sense to me at this time. :)

I posted about this back when it happened, but to rehash... the perks given by premium membership weren't the motivator. I waited a few months to see whether or not I'd stick with this place, and once it became clear it would, I chipped in to support the forum. The rest is history... ;)

I am Groot...

I posted about this back when it happened, but to rehash... the perks given by premium membership weren't the motivator. I waited a few months to see whether or not I'd stick with this place, and once it became clear it would, I chipped in to support the forum. The rest is history... ;)

I am Groot...
TWIS

$35 is nothing compared to the brotherhood and knowledge that you gain from this Forum. It is true that you can continue using the forum without being a Premium Member...but if you value this forum then the Premium Membership is a way of giving back to this amazing community.

Back