• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

? About Perscription Lenses For Juliet

Oh maniac...I know luxottica owns lenscrafters but really you could find an independent to use. There are many colors to choose from and mirrors as well. Mirror coatings fluctuate colors from Oakley. The deposition process is tricky to get the same results in the same batch being coated, especially the ruby colors. The industry uses different terms for colors...like everything else Oakley decided to rename/rebrand things that are common to make them sound unique. don't get me wrong some things are definitely unique. I've looked into a PVD machine but I don't think there are enought Oakley collectors to warrant the expense of a couple hundred grand. There are cheaper machines but they produce the same quality as cheap sunglass lenses.. Maybe a good machine will show up for sale soon. Too many solar panel wanna bes buying up everything in sight, I'm still looking...

Why not try reading my statement first before throwing out your two cents. I know lux owns them, so does the entire forum. I clearly said any optometrist will be able to handle it. Since I had a good experience with the lens crafters I went too, I had them do mine. I have an optometrist I recently met who owns his own store and does some wicked work. I may get my next RX done at his shop instead.

Stopped by my local eyeware store (pearle vision...not sure if local or nationwide) and they pulled out a rather thick binder with numerous oakley lenses/colorations and options including transition, polarized, etc. Prices started at $310 and could go up to mid $500 range. They said that oakley made them for them and turnaround time was about a week.

I recently had mine done from Oakley. Progressives with Emerald Iridium transitions. Cost a pretty penny but got 20% off through my Insurance / Optometrist agreement.

Back