• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Absolutely livid at how my Holbrooks are holding up.

I agree. If I would have known they were painted I would have went for the polished black instead even though they show scratches worse. This is also assuming polished is actually the bare plastic.

Many many items are painted so they look like they are not painted.

Loads of non painted Oakley Are painted.

Humans have a habit of putting weird gases and potions on their head. If you clean them after every single use the paint will last.

I don’t know anyone who doesn’t cover their bonce with chemicals and also I don’t know anyone who cleans their paint work either.

Even in the frame is non painted those poison toxins will penetrate the plastic and do damage you can’t see, if you don’t clean off the products.

Humans have a habit of putting weird gases and potions on their head. If you clean them after every single use the paint will last.

I don’t know anyone who doesn’t cover their bonce with chemicals and also I don’t know anyone who cleans their paint work either.

Even in the frame is non painted those poison toxins will penetrate the plastic and do damage you can’t see, if you don’t clean off the products.

Bonce? Wtf is that?

Understandable but even with this description of the issue I’m an absolute clean freak. I always wiped off the frames before and after using them. The same thing with my watches. I’d clean every crevice of them out keep scratches and wear to a minimum. I just can’t stand wearing anything that looks or feels remotely dirty.

Nothing last forever buddy, hope you got some good memories with them.

And apparently not last long at all. My M Frames have seen straight abuse for going on 3 years for work and other than a few scratches on the lenses they still look nearly new. I guess they aren’t painted. Amazing they both wear the same brand name.

And apparently not last long at all. My M Frames have seen straight abuse for going on 3 years for work and other than a few scratches on the lenses they still look nearly new. I guess they aren’t painted. Amazing they both wear the same brand name.

Mframes are sport frames too, that might be a reason.

Tbh, that doesn’t seem like a bad deal for a wear pair of Holbrooks. Might I suggest some X metals......

I know it’s absolute blasphemy to say around here but I was never an X Metal fan. I got started with Oakley at the release of the Pro M Frame. I have two pairs of M Frames now and they’ve been going strong with many years of work on the railroad. Getting close to time for some new lenses for one, but they’ve held up great.

I know it’s absolute blasphemy to say around here but I was never an X Metal fan. I got started with Oakley at the release of the Pro M Frame. I have two pairs of M Frames now and they’ve been going strong with many years of work on the railroad. Getting close to time for some new lenses for one, but they’ve held up great.

You just haven’t found the right pair that’s all. Everyone is a x metal fan deep inside.

Back