• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Acid Tortoise Frogskins

Menendez1293

Oakley Expert
Florida
So I saw this picture on Facebook and I was wondering if you guys have seen it. It shows the different color ways for the acid torts. I actually like the way they look. Enjoy if you haven't seen it

c3ec7e96.jpg

Attachments

• c3ec7e96.jpg
    c3ec7e96.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 2,160
Only one that I personally like is black...theyre all the same acid colors but with a tortoise effect. Neon is not me...I'd rather get the original acids

id have to see the orange in person. there it looks kinda like real tortoise shell so i like it a lot, ill prolly just wait till the kostons come out

I've never been a tortoise guy in tortoise colors, but those blue and black ones are nice. Maybe it's just the colors, but these almost seem camo.

CharlieKane said:
id have to see the orange in person. there it looks kinda like real tortoise shell so i like it a lot, ill prolly just wait till the kostons come out

The orange is NOT close to a "real" tortoise frame! "Real tortoise" as in commonwealth frame colors. All of them are the same neon acid colors just with an added tortoise effect. I thought I'd get the orange because they looked the closest in stock photos but after seeing a picture of the real thing it's off my list...I can post the pic if needed.

Clearer pics of the Orange Tortoise are up on eBay, there's a few out there for sale already. Pics of the Blue Tortoise have been posted on this board. They look more Crystal Blue than Acid Blue, maybe due to the black tortoise effect added. Pics of the others can be found in the 2012 Oakley thread, but they're not too clear.

As KyleTheSid said, these are just the Acids with a black tortoise effect added. They also come with the same design Oakley microbag as the Acids but it too has had a tortoise effect added which is a nice touch but in reality all these is Acids with a paint effect. They now come with coloured lenses other than grey but, as mentioned in the OCP thread, these lenses can be bought separately soon anyway. Not too fussed about getting these, maybe when they get discounted I might.

Back