• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Act Of Valor Movie

Brettc10

I am Jim Jannard...
Oahu, Hawaii
Not sure if this has been talked about yet. Did anyone see the movie Act of Valor?
Saw it this past weekend and it had Oakley's all over it.
I really enjoyed the movie and it was great to see they used active military in it.
Hats off to all that have served and all that continue to serve!!
Thank you!!

No I haven't but it looked really good from the trailer. Yeah I can imagine the seals would be covered with O product. Good to see you enjoyed it I'm definitely going to check it out

Well of course it will have oakleys all over it. They are filming actual navy seals. The military issues Oakley for troops. They will have Oakley all over a movie that has real military people in it.

Well of course it will have oakleys all over it. They are filming actual navy seals. The military issues Oakley for troops. They will have Oakley all over a movie that has real military people in it.

Despite the name of the Oakley branch that sells to military/gov't/LEO Oakley isn't standard issue equipment. Not everything they sell on that website is approved for wearing in uniform either.

It's my understanding that units and certain commands do issue things like the M-Frame 2, but Revision Sawfly and ESS styles similar to the M-Frame are as common, if not more-so.

I haven't heard of any units being issued Oakley gloves, boots, packs, etc.

As long as the item has a NSN it can be ordered through the supply chain.
NSNs

Product
NSN
SI Ballistic M Frame 2.0 Strike Array - Black Frame 4240-01-525-3095
SI Ballistic M Frame 2.0 Strike Array - Grey Frame 4240-01-555-3738
Replacement Lenses (Grey) 4240-01-525-7554
Replacement Lenses (Clear) 4240-01-525-7555
SI Ballistic M Frame 2.0 Strike Laser Array (NSN 4240-01-555-5324)
sI Ballistic Goggle Array (NSN 4240-01-563-5699)

A bunch of the Air Force Ravens which is like air marshalls for all the military planes get issued all kinds of cool stuff from oakley and other cool companies like suunto. they each have Gascans and Flak jackets. and other units here on base have other kinds of issued oakleys.

This movie looks sick!! I can't wait to see it...and all the awesome oakley gear!!

Despite the name of the Oakley branch that sells to military/gov't/LEO Oakley isn't standard issue equipment. Not everything they sell on that website is approved for wearing in uniform either.

It's my understanding that units and certain commands do issue things like the M-Frame 2, but Revision Sawfly and ESS styles similar to the M-Frame are as common, if not more-so.

I haven't heard of any units being issued Oakley gloves, boots, packs, etc.

Yep, if the operators want premium kit they buy it themselves and quite a few do since Oakley heavily subsidise their SI equipment

Back