• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Adding Serial Number Service On The Frame

I wish Oakley would have offered personalized security serial numbers for X-Metals that could be registered. Have whatever number etched on the earstem underneath the earsock. You get something from Oakley proving you are the rightful owner, etc. in case you lose your pair/it's stolen and you see it on eBay.

**** this sounded better in my head.

It is studied and logged as statistics that a person mind go thru 50,000 thoughts per day. The realism that you are breathing now and reading this post with your wondering mind processing this thread already amounts to many many thoughts. Frauds, hoax and criminal intentions in mind are not uncommon. Hopefully this idea of fake serialising do not materialised else it defeat the purpose of Collector Oakley.

It is studied and logged as statistics that a person mind go thru 50,000 thoughts per day. The realism that you are breathing now and reading this post with your wondering mind processing this thread already amounts to many many thoughts. Frauds, hoax and criminal intentions in mind are not uncommon. Hopefully this idea of fake serialising do not materialised else it defeat the purpose of Collector Oakley.
Very true, and i agree. It really does defeat the purpose. Im already apprehensive on those "tio2" replica colorways that are floating around..really detracts from the authentic stuff. Im all for restoring a frame when its discolored/damaged, or creating custom colors that never existed before,.... but creating a rare colorway just cos "the real one is too expensive"? Then whats the point of having something rare?

IMHO this is like changing the VIN number on a car!!

Yeah, totally. Its deception..

to add a serial number to something that disn't have it is just plain fraud. No ifs ands or buts about it. Too many damn people are defrauding buyers and it'a BS. Lots of people have these machines, it isn't rocket science, and having the one from the "closed" plant means nothing since it is the program and data that drives it. I wouldn't doubt one bit there Are a handful of ******* ebayers doing this since 2-3 pairs would pay for the equipment to accomplish this. It's pure profit..And it's pure lunacy. The other problem is that Oakley's practices of numbering things and so on has been shakey at best. Sure, a box has a printed label and serial number, but there's no real data to support what has been put into the market...

it's no different (except in scale) than duplicating a vin plate ora serial number ON ANYTHING. Why even bring this up? It just muddys up the water and brings mistrust to the community. If Oakley put it on there, GOOD, anyone else, for any reason, BAD. There is no viable reason for doing it unless say you put your own identification number on YOUR glasses for anti theft or identification. It seems any other use would be for reasons of deception.
Tim

Back