• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Adjusting SI M Frame 3.0

Oakley213

Oakley Beginner
I was gifted a SI M Frame 3.0. I have a wide face and typical of Oakleys they fit but are narrow so there's a huge gap in the forehead. So large that I once had a shell casing bounce off the wall next to me and burn my forehead when it lodged between the frame and my head. Should have worn a cover that day. Since M Frames are plastic can I use hot water or a blow dryer to adjust the frame?

I stretched a carbon blade that was too tight. I ran it through hot water a few times and stretched it a little bit each time.

I used rubber bands on an ej2.0 for a few days but they eventually stretched back

Update, blow-drying did not work on my SI M Frame 3.0. High heat setting, didn't move or get too hot, I don't have a heat gun. SO I ran hot water in the sink and set the drain just enough so that the frames stayed under while I held the frame open. After 2 minutes I rinsed with cold water and they opened up more. Not sure if they will stay that way, for all I know they might have memory and return to shape. I'll update if or when they go back to their original shape.

Cool. after I adjusted the carbon blades, it did stay that way for at least a few weeks. it has been rainy and cold here, so they have not come out much lately. will have to check.

Lasted a day, so after using hot water to open up the frames more, they have returned to shape a little. Not as narrow as before though. I think either I try the procedure again and it will widen more or is the lens to blame? The lens is curved, is it pulling the frame back to its original shape? Can I also widen the lens along with the frame using hot water or is there a coating or treatment on the clear lens that I will damage?

Same with my carbon blades. The Rx is pretty thick so they added a lot of rigidity. The lenses for m frames are pretty flexible, but I wouldn’t mess with them. I would take em out, see if you can open the frames more, and let the lenses pull em back a little.

Latest Posts

Back