• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

After a pair of glasses for the UK summer, what are the best recommendations?

FleshSeeker

Oakley Beginner
LONDON
Actually quite new to O shades, as more of an apparel guy but this community got me going. Saw a number of nice pairs online, but be keen to hear what you guys are wearing. Im quite active so durability is a key thing for me.

cheers guys

Actually quite new to O shades, as more of an apparel guy but this community got me going. Saw a number of nice pairs online, but be keen to hear what you guys are wearing. Im quite active so durability is a key thing for me.

cheers guys
What will you be mostly wearing them for? Normal daily stuff or more sports related? Are you looking for function or more for style?

Daily stuff, but as mentioned I'm quite active. To be honest I'm of the opinion that most O glasses look cool anyway, so I think the style is always covered. So maybe in this case functionality is the more important thing!

large.png

not something with a grey base, like prism black or grey, that s too drab, if you are in a crowded city

...... i would go with something with a rose tint, like prism road, golf, or field, they are not too dark, but they still take the worst of the glare, especially on overcast days when the light is still too bright to go without sunglasses.

not something with a grey base, like prism black or grey, that s too drab, if you are in a crowded city

...... i would go with something with a rose tint, like prism road, golf, or field, they are not too dark, but they still take the worst of the glare, especially on overcast days when the light is still too bright to go without sunglasses.
I agree with Prizm Road. I'm based in the UK too and found this is a really good lens for both bright and slightly overcast days. These tend to come in more 'sporty' frames though.

If you're looking for more of a lifestyle pair, I think a lot of these will have a Prizm Tungsten and/or Prizm Tungsten Polarised option. Not a super exciting looking lens, but really pleasant visually.

Stay away from Prizm Black and Grey. These tend to be too dark on all but the sunniest days

Back