• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

After market lenses what is good what is bad?

Which is best?

• Total voters

Ray Tuley Jr

Oakley Expert
Elizabeth, IN
Hello,
my question is about replacement lenses, and which ones are the best quality? I need some lensesreplaced that I have got scratch etc. , I have Been looking at the revantoptics lenses and walleva lenses, what is your opinion on these companies, fit and finish etc. Thanks in advance, Eddie

I have no experience with either brands, so not sure if my post would help but if you can't buy Oakley lenses, I would buy the Revant. I have heard they are much better quality.

Also they are a sponsor of the Oakley Forum!!

I have only tried one other aftermarket lens.
Though the colour is spot on, and the fit accuracy is great, there is slight image disortion, as compared to the original lenses.
I notice this when the lens is moved in front of my eyes, especially in a vertical plane.
I cannot replicate the effect with the OEM lens.
For me, "XYZ" optics isn't just a catch phrase, and the aftermarket lenses sit unloved in a drawer.
Your mileage might vary...

Hello,
my question is about replacement lenses, and which ones are the best quality? I need some lensesreplaced that I have got scratch etc. , I have Been looking at the revantoptics lenses and walleva lenses, what is your opinion on these companies, fit and finish etc. Thanks in advance, Eddie
Do you have to get aftermarket?

I haven't really ever dealt with a custom cut, and I am really not sure of the process, I have always bought oakley lenses but I can't find them , any informationappreciated

+
@xmetalmaniac @dr.chop @InfiniteHero

All do custom cuts from OEM lenses whether or not there is a suitable donor lens available for what you're after you'd be best off asking them directly
+1 to this, I have custom cut lenses by InfiniteHero and xmetalmaniac. Both are optically excellent and correct for polarized lenses. Go with one of those three and I know you won't be disappointed.

I have tryed Visionary Lenses for my monsterdogs, they look great from the outside 9 out of 10 ,but from the inside looking out 7 out of 10 you can tell its not a oakley lens.
I would just stick to getting the actual oakley lens if you can find it for your style.

Back