• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket BIP for R1s???

Esscaster

Oakley Expert
Colorado
Hey All,

Just got these these bad boys from the ebay. Didn't get the deal of the lifetime, but didn't overpay either, but have to say not pleased with the whole experience because it was basically listed as flawless but the lenses are quite scratched up. Something that didn't really show up in pictures very well, but so much so you can notice it when you look through the lens.

While they are not polarized, would love to get a black polarized that captures the same sort of silvery reflection of the OEM. I see a lot of black lenses, but they just look black to me. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance

IMG_0249_zpswvt9nean.jpg

Get OEM custom cuts, then you're sure to get exactly what you're looking for...

Thanks, I have gone that route in the past and had a set custom cuts from Turbines. They are noticeable "flatter" than a bespoke lens and constantly touch my eyelid. Maybe I should ask them to be cut from another donor lens? Thanks Kronin, you're a wealth of info

Thanks, I have gone that route in the past and had a set custom cuts from Turbines. They are noticeable "flatter" than a bespoke lens and constantly touch my eyelid. Maybe I should ask them to be cut from another donor lens? Thanks Kronin, you're a wealth of info
Actually..........he is a "Font of Useless Knowledge" :rofl:

If you can find Big Taco they'd be perfect, same base curve...

Yes, Turbines have a different base curve to the originals, 7 to 8.75. Look to BT as Kronin suggests - the majority of the Jackets (as long as they are big enough) work for the Juliet but I don't know if any are big enough for Romeo.

As stated by the previous posters custom cut OEM lenses would likely be your best bet. If you can't find a donor for custom cuts then I would not hesitate to go with Linegear! Sucks you didn't get what you expected. I always assume the lenses and rubbers are shot on ALL xmetals I get off eBay regardless of what the seller states. Occasionally I'm pleasantly surprised but not often, lol.

Latest Posts

Back