• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lenses By Walleva

O-Dear said:
Not telling anyone what to do, merely trying to understand what motivates ppl to do such a thing. Out of interest, do you have any aftermarket lenses in any of your Oakleys?

I have VL lenses in my Romeos because I'm not paying 200$ for a set of oem lenses that I'll be in constant fear of scratching or spider webbing. IMO, they're just as good, especially for the price

I am so used to wearing OEM Oakley lenses but one day decided to go cheap....then quickly learn my lesson the with these after markets as they have me headaches i cannot endure

I have a Samvette lens in one of my pairs of Radars. Aftermarket lenses do have to conform to certain standards, so criticism of their impact resistance is a bit harsh. Oakley's prices are high and aftermarket lenses relatively cheaper with colour options Oakley don't do. You pays your money and takes your choice.

If my Oakley lenses get scratched all to pieces, it'll cost me as much or more than the glasses themselves, but my VL lenses only cost $16.99. It hurts my feelings and wallet a whole lot less to replace them than the factory polarized lenses.

JMHO.

J.

I've purchased Samvette, Walleva, and VL and out of the 3 brands I found Walleva to be the worst. They were all for Frogskins too btw. If for some reason I can't get Oakley in the color I want I will go with VL every time. The Walleva's did not fit very well.

Not telling anyone what to do, merely trying to understand what motivates ppl to do such a thing.

If/When I can find an Oakley lens in the color Im after for the model Im after, I'll buy their product. If I can't Im perfectly happy with VL's product. It's a lot better than the "warm grey" Oakley stuffs into so many frames.

I buy the aftermarket lenses because they are cheaper than the oakley one's and offer a ton more color options. I want to be able to switch out 5 different lenses or so in my plain black frogskin frames, and im on a budget

I bought 2 pairs of VL Lenses last month. Bought the Blue Ice to use in my Acid Blue Frogs. Look great! I I could have got some Oakley lenses in the UK I would have used them.

Back