• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lenses - Revant/Walleva/Fuse/Ikon/Linegear...etc

I recently got a pair of Ikon Deep Blue mirror lenses and love the blue mirror color but am not sure about the yellow hue when looking through them. Will wear a few more times to see if I get use to it. Do all Ikon lenses have that yellow hue to them? The edges appear to be clear or grey.

sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Their neutral lenses that I have tried have a bit of a slight greenish tint to them. Their gold one is somewhere between bronze and VR28 and work very well imho. They seem to hold up well in use as well even though they are slightly harder to clean than Oakleys. If you can't get oem and don't want custom cuts it is a good alternative.

How do you find the lenses? I am on the fence whether to get a titanium Walleva for my XS or not.
The man, Chris Hardaway (spelling?) Can hook you up with custom cut OEM Oakley lenses of your choice. Have not experienced them first hand but many, many happy customers on here.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

I am trying to backread this thread but it is somewhat long. What is the general opinion on Walleva lenses? I am planning to get the titanium lenses for my XS.
Unless WAlleva stepped up their product in the past year, I wouldn't bother. From what I recall they are not polycarbonate they are made of TAC. Before I joined this forum, I bought a pair of Walleva and they were no where near the quality of OEM or some other after market polycarbonate lenses.

After touching them they seemed to absorb the oils from my fingers which has left a "hazy looking" film on the that Cannot be cleaned. I touched them only to install them.

The right lens, lower left in the pic shows a little bit of what I mean.

I have had good luck with Fuse. I believe all their lenses are poly.

You can also try connecting with @Chris A Hardaway

He does custom cuts from OEM donor lenses.

You'll pay a premium, but you'll have the best possible lens for your frames you can get.

image.jpg

How do you find the lenses? I am on the fence whether to get a titanium Walleva for my XS or not.
The welalleva lenses feel very thin and flimsy, that's my first reaction. Worst than that they are distorted around the edges where they taper. I thought it was something due to how they had to be put in but I have a pair of black polars bnib never mounted that are the same way. They were like $15 a piece. I guess you get what you pay for!

I have 6 sets of Icon lenses in various pairs and in various colors. I haven't had a single issue out of any of them. I've wore each one multiple times and for entire days without a single issue. For $36 that's the best bang for your buck!

Just in case you're wondering here's what icon lenses I have:

Juliet - +red mirror polar
Juliet - ice blue mirror polar
Holbrook - silver chrome mirror polar
Holbrook - deep blue mirror polar
Sliver - silver chrome mirror polar
Fives Squared - +red mirror polar

Ikon lenses are awesome quality. I tested 2 pairs and was blown away but then i went with OEM because pair finally surfaced for my custom Scalpels. I'd buy Ikon again over walleva that's for sure.

FYI: I'm sure it's autocorrect but it's Ikon with a 'K' not 'C'.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

Back