• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lenses - Revant/Walleva/Fuse/Ikon/Linegear...etc

After deliberating and reading through this thread, i decided that for my Badman sunglasses, Ikon mirrored red would be the first gamble. I love this pair (dark carbon/ruby iridium), but i wanted a red and red only/mostly finish. we shall see if the Ikons are worth it for me. Prior to reading about Ikon here, i was convinced Linegear Japan was the only decent aftermarket lense maker for a truly red lense. Now, Im not even certain anyone has much good to say on those versus OEMs. Another post alluded to Linegear selling under another, less expensive brand. Price for polarized Mirror Red (~$60) was the reason i decided to buy the Ikons. 60 day return policy was the deciding factor. If they are horrible, i will return them, and if not, i will take pics and compare/contrast with my OEMs for the greater good. Also, it seems the opinion is that everything else (aside from Ikon, Linegear, and the handful of special premium versions of aftermarket lenses like Elite, etc) is crap pretty much, with limited (not red) exceptions. I have used Revant in my Flak Jackets and agree with the assessments of their lenses; horrible outer finish, questionable polarization, etc. nowhere near OEM and most notably, horribly thin and flimsy feeling in my flak jackets.

Another thing I noticed and was curious about... I tried on all Badman models the Vault store in North Georgia had, (tung iridium even) and ultimately liked the color tone of the Ruby Iridium while looking through the best. Can anyone point out aftermarket lenses that have that same tone and feel? (cool blue grey color tone) Thanks in advance.

Most importantly, thank you all for your useful and helpful posts. this is my first post here, but been on xda forever. this is a different kind of modding, and im digging it already.

Last edited:
After deliberating and reading through this thread, i decided that for my Badman sunglasses, Ikon mirrored red would be the first gamble. I love this pair (dark carbon/ruby iridium), but i wanted a red and red only/mostly finish. we shall see if the Ikons are worth it for me. Prior to reading about Ikon here, i was convinced Linegear Japan was the only decent aftermarket lense maker for a truly red lense. Now, Im not even certain anyone has much good to say on those versus OEMs. Another post alluded to Linegear selling under another, less expensive brand. Price for polarized Mirror Red (~$60) was the reason i decided to buy the Ikons. 60 day return policy was the deciding factor. If they are horrible, i will return them, and if not, i will take pics and compare/contrast with my OEMs for the greater good. Also, it seems the opinion is that everything else (aside from Ikon, Linegear, and the handful of special premium versions of aftermarket lenses like Elite, etc) is crap pretty much, with limited (not red) exceptions. I have used Revant in my Flak Jackets and agree with the assessments of their lenses; horrible outer finish, questionable polarization, etc. nowhere near OEM and most notably, horribly thin and flimsy feeling in my flak jackets.

Another thing I noticed and was curious about... I tried on all Badman models the Vault store in North Georgia had, (tung iridium even) and ultimately liked the color tone of the Ruby Iridium while looking through the best. Can anyone point out aftermarket lenses that have that same tone and feel? (cool blue grey color tone) Thanks in advance.

Most importantly, thank you all for your useful and helpful posts. this is my first post here, but been on xda forever. this is a different kind of modding, and im digging it already.

How did those Mirrored Red lenses turn out for you? Bummer Ikon doesn't carry lenses for most of the Xmetals.

How did those Mirrored Red lenses turn out for you? Bummer Ikon doesn't carry lenses for most of the Xmetals.
They are great. The finish is accurate as well as the fit. I also got a pair of the dark blue Ikon lenses. Loved the dark blue finish, but the lens looked different while looking through. (Pre-tornado greenish tint ). Doug is awesome, though and let me exchange for a backup pair of the red mirrored. Irony is I had scratched the ones I had, so a new set was needed. They are great lenses for the price, and their customer service is excellent.
I also got a set of Linegear Garnet lenses. They are great. They don't come in polarized, but they have what I would call my perfect finish. Linegear also has excellent customer service.
I picked up a pair of reverse TIO2 XX X-Metal from @Litos and got to try Revant again. Currently, I have Revant Midnight Sun Polarized in them. They also are a great lens, but are not available for the Badman. I had bought a set from Revant for my Flak XLJ by the same name 3-4 years ago, and totally hated the finish. It had a lot of yellow and orange. These do not. In bright light the predominant color is reddish pink, and the undertone is an awesome purple color. They are seriously improved over the Pink and yellow orange junk I had in my Flak XLJ once upon a time. Revant makes lenses for the Badman, but they don't have midnight sun (last time I checked at least). For the price, ya can't go wrong with Ikon in the Badman. Personally, I have gone back to Ruby polar in mine. I have ice iridium in my Flak XLJ and Revant in my Xx as I wait on a special project lens for them. Lol @Chris A Hardaway .
All things considered, there is no aftermarket lens that has the optical quality of Oakley lenses, but there are a few that are worth the price.

Revant's new Elite lense are almost on par with Oakley quality, without testing I can't say for sure, would love to get them tested! They are the same thickness and are tapered corrected. The mirror shielding is not as strong, they sent me another pair only to have the same issues. They said they will work on improving it.

Revant xx

IMG_20170517_160946662_HDR.jpg

Back