• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lenses - Revant/Walleva/Fuse/Ikon/Linegear...etc

Just got a Revant Plasma Purple Polarized for a pair of Fast Jackets. They are absolutely horrible! The website shows these beautiful Purple lenses. There is any barely any purple visible on the lenses. Especially if you look at an angle towards the lense it turns grey. And there are also fine scratches on the right lense.

I have a pair of the Elite for some Gascans and have no complaints.

Will be contacting Revant about the fast jacket lenses.

Wish someone could cut Fast Jacket lenses

I actually take back my advice for Revant Elite lenses. I was wearing them all day today and noticed the slightest headache. As soon as I took off the glasses, the headache disappeared. Strange.

I actually take back my advice for Revant Elite lenses. I was wearing them all day today and noticed the slightest headache. As soon as I took off the glasses, the headache disappeared. Strange.
I won't wear them... I had a pair tested by a former forum member and he told me the elite line are taper corrected but for some reason produce distortion. The only thing he could come up with was that this was due to inferior materials when compared to Oakley. Linegear has been shown in optical tests to be on par with Oakley making them my #1 choice for aftermarket lenses. I do like Ikon a lot and have several sets of their lenses. No complaints or headaches. If their claims are to be believed their quality should be on par with OEM. They assured me when I asked that optical testing will be performed on their lenses at some point. I'm assuming there has already been at least some preliminary optical testing but who knows. Would love to hear from them on the forum again. I will say that the ikon customer service rocks. I have had 2 sets of lenses with minor fitment issues (I doubt it was their lenses, most likely was my frames). Both times I contacted them and replacement lenses were cut, smaller on the orbital requested, and shipped within 24 hrs. One frame this solved the problem, the other (an XX) wasn't having it. I gave up, returned the new lenses they cut for me, and sent to Chris Hardaway for OEM custom cut (the only way a lens is ever going to fit in that XX right orbital.)

I won't wear them... I had a pair tested by a former forum member and he told me the elite line are taper corrected but for some reason produce distortion. The only thing he could come up with was that this was due to inferior materials when compared to Oakley. Linegear has been shown in optical tests to be on par with Oakley making them my #1 choice for aftermarket lenses. I do like Ikon a lot and have several sets of their lenses. No complaints or headaches. If their claims are to be believed their quality should be on par with OEM. They assured me when I asked that optical testing will be performed on their lenses at some point. I'm assuming there has already been at least some preliminary optical testing but who knows. Would love to hear from them on the forum again. I will say that the ikon customer service rocks. I have had 2 sets of lenses with minor fitment issues (I doubt it was their lenses, most likely was my frames). Both times I contacted them and replacement lenses were cut, smaller on the orbital requested, and shipped within 24 hrs. One frame this solved the problem, the other (an XX) wasn't having it. I gave up, returned the new lenses they cut for me, and sent to Chris Hardaway for OEM custom cut (the only way a lens is ever going to fit in that XX right orbital.)

I actually had fitment issues too but with a custom cut. Apparently, my right orbital is 4 clicks smaller than my left. That's huge variation, lol.

Also got solved by sending off to CAH.

Yes I'm sold on Chris hardaway as well. I'm sure he's got orders from all of us greedy grabbers. I'm playing email tag with him now but I'm seeing if he'll do a set of mars lens like this if possible

IMG_3173.JPG

Back