• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lenses - Revant/Walleva/Fuse/Ikon/Linegear...etc

How many kidneys do you really need?

Best route is buy one of the styles that will fit an x metal frame (check Donor Lens Guide thread) and send those lenses to one of the choppers. Not sure about resources across the pond. Might be the same guys that most folks use here on the U.S.

Your other option is to hope that a member here sells a set. Somebody just offloaded like 4 sets just this week. Good luck!
Only 2 sets were worth buying, which were the NIR Polarized Lenses...

DO NOT waste your time on Active Lenses :)

Well, as much as I like the idea of really cool semi-matte lenses there is no distributor for Dillon in the UK. Buying a set from the US once I factored in shipping and tax came to almost $400 before sending them off to be cut, so my Juliets will have to slum it with OO BIP lenses.

OO BIP is a fantastic lens! "slum it" :lol:

95% of the very few aftermarket lenses I own are fuse. Some polar some not. I've never had any trouble with headaches.. id say they are a 2 thumbs up..

Fuse RX Glacier Polarized (no headaches or curve issues)

IMG_20180118_140932.jpg

So I've tried a few more Revant and Fuse, base lens variants. Standard Revant and Revant Polarized lenses have been extremely disappointing. Lens defects, distortion, incorrect polarization, really flimsy and cheap feeling lenses, poor fit. Revant Elite is definitely worth the money - the rest is crap. Their base curve seems to be more in line with OEM in comparison though, so that's a plus.

Fuse on the other hand seems to have better standard lenses. Never had luck with their polarized options though. Still have yet to really try Fuse+, so they may just be as good as Revant. I will say...Fuse for the half frames are pretty bad. Half Jacket 1.0 Fuse lens not only had the wrong base curve, but had an atrocious fit. However, fit for other frames seems to be great. Fantastic option for older models.

Wish IKON made lenses for the HJ/Flak. I probably like theirs the best, with competitive pricing. Revant Elite is awesome, but just a tad too pricey.

So I've tried a few more Revant and Fuse, base lens variants. Standard Revant and Revant Polarized lenses have been extremely disappointing. Lens defects, distortion, incorrect polarization, really flimsy and cheap feeling lenses, poor fit. Revant Elite is definitely worth the money - the rest is crap. Their base curve seems to be more in line with OEM in comparison though, so that's a plus.

Fuse on the other hand seems to have better standard lenses. Never had luck with their polarized options though. Still have yet to really try Fuse+, so they may just be as good as Revant. I will say...Fuse for the half frames are pretty bad. Half Jacket 1.0 Fuse lens not only had the wrong base curve, but had an atrocious fit. However, fit for other frames seems to be great. Fantastic option for older models.

Wish IKON made lenses for the HJ/Flak. I probably like theirs the best, with competitive pricing. Revant Elite is awesome, but just a tad too pricey.
I contacted Ikon and was informed they were going to purchase a special Italian bit to cut those types of lenses but the but it's on back order. That was early last year. Still no lenses :-(

Thanks for the update Zax.

I did buy Revant elite for my sons flak jackets but never looked at them. I probably should. Those are the only Revant we have.

I have bought Fuse standard for Juliet, Fives Squared, and Half Jacket. Juliet and Five Squared I have no problems with. I wear these frequently. Half Jacket I haven't completed, it's a custom I'm working on. I did pop the lenses in once and wore them for a few hours and didn't notice and issues so maybe I just got a good set or I didn't notice any problems.

I did have a set of Walleva from a few years ago and they were complete garbage

+1 great review for Fuse+ Polarized and their 2 year replacement warranty.

I had bought a pair of Fuse+ Polarized Brown lenses for my Titanium Crosshairs. About two weeks into things I had the pair on top of my head and bent down for something in my garage. When I stood up I bashed the top of my head, and the lenses, into a bicycle handlebar. Big scratch. Damn!

I really liked the lenses and frames and wore them daily for the last year anyways. I haven’t been on the forum and haven’t been thinking much about my glasses so it was the Ti Crosshairs for comfort and convenience. I just checked the lenses and they accumulated no noticeable new scratches, which hasn’t been my experience with daily worn Oakley lenses. I even dropped them into the street for the first time last week.

With a new summer season coming, I just put in a warranty replacement request with Fuse and they’ve got a pair of Bronze Mirror Polarized lenses on the way to me now. I love looking through the Brown Polarized lenses but never thought they looked very good on the Ti Crosshair Frames. I’m not sure if Fuse will generally let you swap from one lens style to the other for a warranty replacement, but the Brown Polarized was temporarily out of stock so it worked out well for me. I’ll post a pic of the Bronze Mirrored when they get here.

image.jpg

I bought some silver mirror replacements from Revant for a Twitch. The coating on the first set was destroyed at even the proximity to salt and chlorinated water. The fantastic customer service that has been talked about throughout this thread came through and replaced them. Unfortunately, when the coating on the replacement set went south with nothing but regular sunglasses cloth cleaning, I decided to cut my losses. Just ordered a set of Ikons for one of my Juliets.

image.jpg

Back