• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lenses - Revant/Walleva/Fuse/Ikon/Linegear...etc

I just picked up a pair of Fuse+ Nova lenses for the Fuel Cells I just got, and I have to say that - if nothing else - they're a very good looking lens (especially compared to the black lenses that came with them). The mirroring is much better than any of the other lenses I've gotten (though to be fair - the other lenses were for Holbrooks, so not sure how much of a difference that makes). Still, I'm very impressed with them, despite getting a couple of weird reflections on the inside corner near the nose piece. Definitely think I'll have to get a set of the Fuses for my Holbrooks and see how they work out (those Sapphire ones look like they'd be really nice)...
20180610_132043.jpg

Regarding Fuse Plus+ lenses, all of their lenses come in base-6 curve.

The only base-8 curve lenses Fuse sell are standard polarized in grey, brown or g15.

I've tried Fuse+ base-6 in XS and had to return because there were blurry spots on the lenses due to distortion. I've also tried Fuse+ base-6 on my Crosshair Ti and while I don't notice any distortion while wearing if you look at the corners of the lenses you can see plenty of distorted stress marks on the polarization filter as they strain against the frame. Check the photo, changing the angle reveals those same patterns all over the edges as long as there is sufficient backlighting. I believe this is because the base curve isn't correct and would happen on any brand lens where this is the case. I wear the Crosshairs all the time and don't mind but most forum users wouldn't be too satisfied I think.

Luckily I've been real happy with their customer service.
Crosshair Ti.jpg

You can't see any of that stuff when they're being worn, since there won't be any backlighting.
39F1AE6B-351A-4840-BF21-7ED3E5AA6B14.jpeg

Regarding Fuse Plus+ lenses, all of their lenses come in base-6 curve.

The only base-8 curve lenses Fuse sell are standard polarized in grey, brown or g15.

I've tried Fuse+ base-6 in XS and had to return because there were blurry spots on the lenses due to distortion. I've also tried Fuse+ base-6 on my Crosshair Ti and while I don't notice any distortion while wearing if you look at the corners of the lenses you can see plenty of distorted stress marks on the polarization filter as they strain against the frame. Check the photo, changing the angle reveals those same patterns all over the edges as long as there is sufficient backlighting. I believe this is because the base curve isn't correct and would happen on any brand lens where this is the case. I wear the Crosshairs all the time and don't mind but most forum users wouldn't be too satisfied I think.

Luckily I've been real happy with their customer service.
View attachment 487043

You can't see any of that stuff when they're being worn, since there won't be any backlighting.
View attachment 487044
Oh really? I didn’t know that. Explains why I had so much trouble getting their lens to seat properly in my Splice

What's the base curve for c-wire (1.0)?

Sadly, not x-metal, so Linegear don't make lenses for 'em. I will likely have to go with Fuse - the Linegear lenses that came as extras withthe zjuliets I purchased not long ago are very schmick - I installed them a few weeks back, and am very impressed. I need a second pair of Juliet frames...

Z..

Out of all of the aftermarket lenses i have ever gotten, Tanzanite Polarized and these from Linegear are my favorites. Thank you Thank you Kimsan and Daisukesan @Linegear Japan and @Chris A Hardaway Judy chopper extraordinaire !!! Excellent joint ops from o forum. ;)

View attachment 490017

View attachment 490022

Linegear seems really nice. If they ever start making lenses for the Holbrooks or Fuel Cells (hint, hint @Linegear Japan) I'll grab a set faster than you can say, um... Linegear...

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back