• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lenses - Revant/Walleva/Fuse/Ikon/Linegear...etc

OK, want to say "Hi" to everybody and sorry for any language mistakes. I'm not fluent as I'm foreigner. I have got Twoface with Fire Iridium as stock lenses. I bought them on eBay and they are Lin Dan Edition. From what I have learnt I suppose they are not fake. So, I had been about to buy spare Black for a long time and decision fell on Ikon. Although for average Russian citizen they are pretty much expensive. Nevertheless, I was very happy and really considered them better than OEMs Fire Iridium. Perhaps the main reason of that, that OEM seems doesn't have AR-coating at all, and sometimes at the sun I got (and get) so freaking awful sundogs. Other than that, my impaired eyes don't see any colossal distinctions. Also Ikons seem to me a bit thicker and they fit tighter at the frame than OEM Fire for sure. Unfortunately, within about a year the inner side of Blacks became peeled. I don't think I handled them badly, no way! Whatever this may be, the outside of the lenses perfectly clean. But even such very unpleasant situation doesn't stop me from ordering Ikon again. I don't know why, perhaps I'm crazy, and probably because foreigners don't have much choice. Anyway, I contacted them through eBay messages, explained everything and Doug kindly offered me replacement as 2 year warranty case. I asked him if I could choose other color, on what he said something like "yeah, that would be fine". But since than he has disappeared. 6 days already. For now I am not panicking in any event. But think to PM them again. Who knows, maybe he was in hassles and forgot or something.
What I wanted from this thread is actual photos. And I am wondering why such valuable theme hasn't got a sticked cap as the first post, where everything useful might be found. But maybe the forum functionality doesn't allow this. Anyway, many of photos got lost, especially on first pages. I am aiming on Silver, +Red (these ones I have seen here), Brown, Ice Blue / Deep Blue / Purple (haven't decided yet actually, tough choice, but photos of IB and DB seem to be presented in this thread), Emerald (are also on last pages). Rose are gorgeous no talk, but it seems that I will have too much Yellow/Red hue then if I am already buying +Red and having Fire. So in conclusion I would be very grateful if you guys could provide photos of the lenses I mentioned above. Most of all Silver and Brown.
Some photos from my own. These are the coating defects I have on the inner side; the second lens are the same, but luckily only one dot, for now. Take no notice of this, possibly camera / light / noise, stuff outside arrowed heart.:
IMG_20180730_203747.jpg
IMG_20180730_204413.jpg

Black Ikon insight/outsight:
IMG_20180730_185215.jpg
IMG_20180730_185720.jpg
IMG_20180730_185843.jpg

And stock Fire, which I shot by different smarts (first two - LeEco Le2, others - Moto Photon 4G; absolutely crazy difference regarding lens' tint; last 4 pics are at the sun)
IMG_20180730_185310.jpg
IMG_20180730_185314.jpg
2018-07-31_08-51-55_98.jpg
2018-07-31_08-52-12_913.jpg
2018-07-31_08-11-08_908.jpg
2018-07-31_09-02-42_784.jpg

2018-07-31_09-41-19_804.jpg
2018-07-31_09-37-49_460.jpg
2018-07-31_09-38-27_902.jpg
2018-07-31_09-39-19_208.jpg

Too many pics, probably. But who knows maybe this info would be helpful to someone, I don't know.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words, @Chris! A little mistake of my own ... I should have made thorough research prior posting. I have found almost every color, but there is not enough photos still for Brown and Silver. Well, now the choice has become much more difficult, haha.

Looks like I'm a couple years late to this party lol Oh well better late than never and I'm glad I have because I've grown tired of ponying out for OEM replacements for all my Oakley frames, which is all I've ever worn...buying some Ikon lenses right away and can't wait. Thanks for the info for anybody still watching the thread.

A few months ago I installed a set of Revant Elite Polarized Ice Blue MirrorShield replacement lenses into some Square Wire 2.0's. They were a very nice fit and seemed to be damn good. Unfortunately with the amount of scratching on the old OEM lenses, I can't directly compare the optical quality.

So given that this thread is originally from 2015 I haven't gone all the way back on the assumption that the suppliers have possibly changed etc, but have skimmed through the most recent few pages and both Ikon and Fuse Lenses seem to get a good rap (for non-X Metal models). Any preference between the two? Anyone compared the two to each other?

So given that this thread is originally from 2015 I haven't gone all the way back on the assumption that the suppliers have possibly changed etc, but have skimmed through the most recent few pages and both Ikon and Fuse Lenses seem to get a good rap (for non-X Metal models). Any preference between the two? Anyone compared the two to each other?
My own personal experience has been that Ikon is fantastic and only fuse+ compares. I've tried regular polarized fuse and I've not been happy with any set I've received. I have, however, been happy with several fuse+ lenses I've got. I have easily over a dozen sets of Ikon lenses in various o matter and x metal pairs and I haven't had a single issue out of any of them. Ikon is my go to and if I have to go fuse I always go fuse+. Just my own personal experience.

Agree with OBTH, For the price point you cannot beat the quality of the Ikon Lenses, though I do have a few of the fuse+ as well and love them. They are well packaged and come with a cleaning kit which leads into my next point. My only gripe with them is that they tend to pick up smudges a little faster than OEM, but I find this with many of the Aftermarket lenses. Maybe it's the hydrophobic coating on the OEM lenses that makes them so easy to keep clean.

Agree with OBTH, For the price point you cannot beat the quality of the Ikon Lenses, though I do have a few of the fuse+ as well and love them. They are well packaged and come with a cleaning kit which leads into my next point. My only gripe with them is that they tend to pick up smudges a little faster than OEM, but I find this with many of the Aftermarket lenses. Maybe it's the hydrophobic coating on the OEM lenses that makes them so easy to keep clean.
Very good point about the smudges and cleaning. Fuse are a pain to clean, very frustrating! Ikon is better but still more difficult than oem. And spot on about bang for your buck when it comes to Ikon. I've got a few Ikon sets custom cut, still much cheaper than oem and not much more than most higher end aftermarket like fuse+.

Ikon lenses have treated me well with no complaints. Haven't tried Fuse+, but have heard, like @Oaks Between the Hedges said, to stick with only the Fuse+ line.
Same with Revant. They make some solid lenses as well if you stick to only their HC3 Elite line.

However, in terms of cost, the Revant Elite lenses are the most expensive next to Ikon and Fuse+, IIRC. That investment in Revant Elite gets close to just shelling out for oem.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Back