• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lenses

Not sure what you are looking do to but I will put my 2 cents in. I have used VL, Samvette, and Evolense aftermarket lenses in my frogskins.

1. VL
Pro's: by far the lightest of the 3 and gives off the most "mirrored look" (a little to mirrored for my taste but to each his own). Easiest to install of the 3. Usually shipped the best from VL (comes in individual sleeves, or at least they used to)

Con's: depending on what color VL lenses you are looking for the color distortion when looking through them can be quite drastic (green comes to mind as the worst, followed by purple). Blue and Gold seemed to be fine. I also had a pair of blue lenses that got eaten alive when I wore them in a clorinated pool, the Ice Blue coating just started flaking off (I could post pics if you like) not sure if it was a one off problem or not, but I figure I'd mention it as it ruined the lenses.

Samvette:

Pro's: Very heavy duty, color distortion was better than the VL lenses. Many colors to choose from. Looked the most "oakley like" in terms of how mirrored they appear.

Con's: Extremely hard to install. Felt like I was gonna break my frogskins putting them in, though I know that is almost impossible with the O-matter fames. (Have only used them in frogskins, so maybe better depending on what you are gonna put them in).

Evolense: (Haven't seen them selling on the bay in awhile) My personal favorite. Easy to install, heavy duty, and very little color distortion for any of the colors I used. Again haven't seen them selling lately.

Thanks tmac. Yeah, I have owned VL lenses and Evo lenses. I like the Evo lenses and they were by far the cheapest available and good for the money but I haven't seen them for sale for quite sometime. I want some new lenses and the VLs are a little more expensive than the Samvette & Walleva so I'm just wondering if they are worth that little bit extra or not.

I've tried the Walleva lenses on my x squared, but only one was cut right and the other didn't fit. It was too big when I compared it to the original. They did give me a full refund without having to send the lenses back with no hassle, so I would give them a try again.

I've installed VL on a pair of Jury and they seem good. They only come in polarized though, and I'm not a big fan of polarized, crazy as it sounds I prefer seeing natural glares. They seem a little thin, but durable and they look great.

I emailed evolense and they are not selling on ebay anymore. But, you can still buy from them directly by emailing them at evolensestore@gmail.com. They replied back stating they currently have a lot more newer colors and styles. Also, they made some improvements on their lenses.

I just ordered a pair of their new red+ lenses for my Juliets. The pictures they provided for theses red+ looks exactly like the red iridium lenses from oakleys.

Hope this helps other fellow aftermarket lens buyers that still want to buy from Evolense.

I will post reviews once I have recieved my order.

Okay...and ill be posting pics in XMetal recent purchases...the Liquid Metal Exovista lenses came today. In terms of fit, it took a couple different tries but they fit OEM and are exactly the same size (and actually thicker) than OEM. Visually from the outside on the Plamsa Romeo frame, simply awesome. Clarity indoors is excellent but I can't speak to performance until I wear these in the sun because its a super dark lens.

Overall first impression is very good and as far as loom in the frame? Let's just say with the Fire lens I wasn't feeling it, but with this lens these glasses look HOT and I want to wear them more.

Just posted my review on Evolense in another thead : http://www.oakleyforum.com/diy-modding-discussion/5455-evolense-good-alternative-lenses.html

Amazing Lenses!

I emailed evolense and they are not selling on ebay anymore. But, you can still buy from them directly by emailing them at evolensestore@gmail.com. They replied back stating they currently have a lot more newer colors and styles. Also, they made some improvements on their lenses.

I just ordered a pair of their new red+ lenses for my Juliets. The pictures they provided for theses red+ looks exactly like the red iridium lenses from oakleys.

Hope this helps other fellow aftermarket lens buyers that still want to buy from Evolense.

I will post reviews once I have recieved my order.

Has anyone heard any info regarding the quality of the UVA/UVB protection from any of the aftermarket lenses? I'm sure that they all claim to be UVA/UVB blocking, but is there any data to back up the claims?

Latest Posts

Back